Brehs, how did stephen curry become so good out of nowhere?

ATearInMyEye

#KnicksTape
Daps
Reppin
Def Valley
harvey.gif

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Anybody saying they saw his potential before is LYING.

I would've picked Rose, Westbrook, CP3 or Wall before this cat back in 2012.

Nobody was talking about this dude 5 years ago.

He came out of nowhere and surpassed all of them.
nikka please, he made plenty of noise carrying davidson and puttin up number by himself against teams like Duke

It was moreso a surprise that he completely disappeared after getting drafted, then he kept getting hurt

Cosign on brehs saying 2k had the foresight, warriors and portland showed potential in those games way before it happened irl

The_Third_Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Steph was very good, but come on nobody saw it coming. it they did, Thabeet, Tyreke and Flynn wouldn't be selected before him in the draft.

Steph worked very hard on his game to get this level.

MalikX

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide Entertainment
nikka please, he made plenty of noise carrying davidson and puttin up number by himself against teams like Duke

It was moreso a surprise that he completely disappeared after getting drafted, then he kept getting hurt

Cosign on brehs saying 2k had the foresight, warriors and portland showed potential in those games way before it happened irl

Hindsight is 20/20....everybody is always Nostradamus and knew what was going to happen...except they can never do that about stuff in the present :yawn:

I remember what we used to post about on here a couple years ago and nobody was talking about Steph Curry.

Can you even find that many Coli threads on him from 2012 or 2013?

The Villain

Superstar
Daps
I mean as an original Steph Curry stan (Davidson is just right down the road), I can't even act like I thought he would be THIS.

I always root for the NC college kids to make it. Even the Dukies sometimes. I hoped he could be Steve Nash best case numbers and stylewise.

But not a 25ppg scorer on 50/40/90 shooting some NBA Jam bullshyt shots, making people look foolish off the dribble, winning MVPs and shyt :picard:

shyt he probably outperformed his own best case projections

Jalether

Superstar
Daps
This is another indictment on the so called scout and "experts". Talent judgement is a gamble ultimately.

Paull_Bunyan

Rookie
Daps
:damn:

I'm just gonna throw this lil Davidson clip up here...:francis: Now I can't speak for anyone else...but from the first time I seen him (maybe a year prior) he had a ngga on some... :ohhh: Everytime he was on TV he was shootin at that type of clip lookin like a damn 14 yr old. Thats the first thing that caught my attention..."Who is this lil ngga out here killin nggas?"...:russ: Just pullin and some sneaky handles...You already knew people were gonna be on some..."But he plays for Davidson" :troll: shyt...but he was shootin like that on everyone, so IMO it was pretty visible he was gonna do good things in the league as long as he didn't get swallowed up in the wrong situation....

0:56 commentator says he squares his feet.... :what:bytch where... Thats the problem with some coaches and players. That conventional and fundamental shyt only gonna take you so far. No Great player became great with sticking to that conventional bs

Starboy52

Superstar
Daps
Hard work in building off of what he already had, and actually having a set offense that plays to his strengths.

shyt, a Hobbled Steph Curry took that monster of a Spurs team to 6 games in the 2013 WC Semi Finals. Would've been seven (with the warriors UP 3-2 @ 6) had Manu not hit some clutch shots in game 1.

Even before that, dude was a beast in Davidson and lead the NCAA in scoring that year, along with shattering damn near every 3 point record the school and College Basketball had in what? 2-3 years.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
He may have been raised in NC...but he was born in Akron breh...
Same city Lebron James is from...

No offense to NC, but Akron's putting something in its water for sure.

I'm sorry...... let me clarify...... CULTIVATE!

Just like I know and get it Jeffrey was actually born in Brooklyn

But that nicca from NC.

Like I used to think it's whack growing up and say meetin and talking to a 27 year old person that be like "yo I'm from NY son!"

Then you ask how long they been in _____ state or when they moved here and they respond "oh I been here since I was 1-3.

Na bruh.... you from your current location.... not NY.

I was born in DC...... but been in NC since I was a kid..... I claim NC.

With that said and pardon this long winded rant...... Curry, CP3, Wall, Jordan and MANNNNNY others.

Common denominator is NC brehs
:lolbron:

Martha

teacher

All Star
Daps
Steve Kerr gave him the greenlight and I'd imagine when he was injured prior he worked on his jumper even more...

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
I mean as an original Steph Curry stan (Davidson is just right down the road), I can't even act like I thought he would be THIS.

I always root for the NC college kids to make it. Even the Dukies sometimes. I hoped he could be Steve Nash best case numbers and stylewise.

But not a 25ppg scorer on 50/40/90 shooting some NBA Jam bullshyt shots, making people look foolish off the dribble, winning MVPs and shyt :picard:

shyt he probably outperformed his own best case projections

Steph and Kimba Walker walked the same path when they got to the NCAA.. nobody was checking for Kimba until he put the team on his back in the NIT tourney and winning that thus giving Uconn a spot in the NCAA and the rest was history.. that shyt alone stamped Kimba's spot in the lottery in 2011 draft class