Brehs does the movie "Heat" still hold up?

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
lol @ the comment about De Niro's collars…I stay with the white button up sleeves rolled up….Mann's characters are always pretty impeccably dressed. Interesting about Pacino's character doing coke, would have been a nice touch…he was definitely falling apart too. The Hollywood bank robbery was actually inspired by 'Heat', and not the other way around.

This is probably my favorite movie of all time…..and De Niro's scenes with Edie are so heartbreaking by the end, and their meet is one of my favorite scenes of all time…'lady why are you so concerned with what I read or what i do' :dead:

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
lol @ the comment about De Niro's collars…I stay with the white button up sleeves rolled up….Mann's characters are always pretty impeccably dressed. Interesting about Pacino's character doing coke, would have been a nice touch…he was definitely falling apart too. The Hollywood bank robbery was actually inspired by 'Heat', and not the other way around.

This is probably my favorite movie of all time…..and De Niro's scenes with Edie are so heartbreaking by the end, and their meet is one of my favorite scenes of all time…'lady why are you so concerned with what I read or what i do' :dead:

:ohhh:Interesting.
My favorite was quote was "you can get shot walking your doggie":mjlol:

It is actually a very dark movie, when I think about it. His daughter trying to kill herself, the prostitute who gets killed, even the armed truck robbery was GOAT of all time. Never seen anything like it, except maybe the Dark Knight bank robbery.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
The Town is really good because Renner acts his ass off and Affleck is a damn good director but it's not on Heat's level.

"I do what I do best, I take scores. You do what you do best, try to stop guys like me. :smugfavre: "

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Long as we are throwing up quotes, one of my favorite is…'I don't know what you're doing…you remember on the yard, Jimmy used to say don't have anything in your life you aren't wailing to walk on in 30 seconds flat'

'well for me the sun rises and sets with her man'

and at the end of the movie, De Niro felt the same way about Edie...

R-Typ3

All Star
Daps
You know we're sittin here like a couple of regular fellas, i mean you do what you gotta do i do what i gotta do...But if i got you in a box and it's between you and some poor b*stard who's wife you're gonna make a widow..I wont like it but brother you are goin down...I'm glad Mann had Pacino and DeNiro in mind from jump 'cause i can't imagine anybody else sayin that shyt like Al did

Heelish

#TSC #spooky
Supporter
Daps
I'm not trolling, growing up it was like Beethoven, babe and Disney movies and whatever crap came on tv.

Just starting to catch IP now on ish I missed
I'm in the same boat. Either kid flicks on VHS or TV. My parents aren't from the States and weren't movie heads like that :yeshrug: My ex of 5 years was a huge movie buff as was her family and she put me on to movies most people BEEN watched . You guys would :snoop: at the movies I finally watched and what movies I haven't yet.

And yes, I watched Heat. Classic movie, highly recommended.

Last edited:

Notorious 1 E.Y.E.

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the low end. southside chi
This movie was great because you watch now and look at all the now "stars" that had bit parts.

:gladbron: Dennis Haysbert as the cook, Ted Levine the creepy guy from silence of the lambs, Natalie Portman, hank azaria,
Tone Loc :mjlol:,

I could have fukken sworn Jeremy Piven was in this movie.

ETA: He is

This bank robbery was based on real shootout that happen in LA
Nah. This movie came out before the Hollywood shoot out

street heat

merchant of death
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i dont know if theres been a movie villain ive wanted dead more than waynegrow

but at the same time every time i see, i just wish he made a different decision :to:

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
Ending was trash. How they just gonna check a fake license. Chris' pic was clear. They knew who they were looking for and just let him drive away. :comeon:

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
Not a bad comparison; The Town isn't a bullshyt movie; Its one of the best crime movies in a long time; its not better than Heat, but its no bytch either
It's a fukking carbon copy that failed to come close

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
It's a fukking carbon copy that failed to come close
Carbon copy? No, its not. John Hamm was not a main character facing off against Ben Affleck in the way Pacino faced off against DeNiro...The Town was strictly about the relationship between Affleck, the woman, his friends who he was loyal to, and his criminal career; completely different relationship dynamic and plot than Heat.