Brehs born in the late 80s and early 90s, get in here

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Don't ya'll feel like we in the middle of 2 different generations :ohhh:. I was at this comedy show and this :flabbynsick: comedian who was like 45, was talking about how these kids these days don't remember antennas on a TV. And I'm thinking like, well I remember that:yeshrug:

Brehs and Brehettes born from like 1987-1993

- We remember when there was no internet, or at least dial up internet
- TV with antenna
- Cassette tapes
- Soul Train
- 90s TV shows, music, movies, etc
- Life before cell phones was a common thing

But we still young as hell :russ:. And I don't connect with none of these new nikkas from this younger generation
86 baby here. We are the only generation that knows what it’s like to have technology as an integral part of our daily lives like everyone younger than us, but we’re the generation that also grew up without it at one point and still remembers what that looked and felt like.

I honestly think it gives us a huuuuuuuuuuge advantage in the workplace or whatever career path you choose

Marco Zen

Black Privilege
Daps
Reppin
The Other A
Coli nikkaz:

"I was born in the 90s which were the best years in the history of all years to be born"

:snoop:

tenor.gif

Kliq_Souf

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
WOL
Nov '89
:salute:

I can remember sitting on my boombox all day, hoping the radio played a particular song... :russ:
I was a No Limit fan in like 97, and they never got play on the East coast, so when I heard they shyt it was a treat lmao

Or anticipating a music video on BET or the Box or Direct Effect, cause you may not see it again for dayssss, unless it was popular
:banderas:

Young niccas wouldn't understand

TheGregReaper

#HeatNation #SouthernCalUSC #LiverpoolFC
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WATTS & Inglewood Southern Kalifornia
I was born in December of 87 and I remember watching the 92 LA riots on TV and through my grandma screen door on 114th st in Watts.

I’m old enough to remember when South Central, Watts and Bompton was a war zone and every single Friday and Saturday night was gunshots and choppers.

But there was also good times like racing GT & Dyno bikes down Parmelee in Bompton at my aunt house.

Also, every Thursday night watching Martin, Living Single and New York Undercover.

90’s was the GOAT decade...

Lord_nikon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
I was born in December of 87 and I remember watching the 92 LA riots on TV and through my grandma screen door on 114th st in Watts.

I’m old enough to remember when South Central, Watts and Bompton was a war zone and every single Friday and Saturday night was gunshots and choppers.

But there was also good times like racing GT & Dyno bikes down Parmelee in Bompton at my aunt house.

Also, every Thursday night watching Martin, Living Single and New York Undercover.

90’s was the GOAT decade...

I still have mine in the attic like this :noah: pops paid $300 for it in 93/94 :mjcry:

gt_performer_001_copy0_lg.jpg

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra

Remembered one of my aunts renting Friday on VHS and watching it at my grandmas house

Remember actually going outside and staying outside all day til the lights came on.

Remember when biggie Tupac and princess Di died

Being excited to be over my cousins house to watch Monday night RAW since I didn’t have cable. But caught all the Thursday night Smackdown and talked about it Friday morning. (I was a tomboy)

Remembered being convinced the world was gonna end during Y2K. Story time: I stayed up with my mama to watch the New Years specials from time square since I thought it was our last moments together :francis:. When the clock struck midnight and the people on tv started celebrating I was secretly relieved because we were still alive. Then my mama explained what time zones were and that we still had another hour to go. So I decided to go to bed so at least I’ll be sleep. :mjcry:

Woke up the next day and everyday since for the last 18 years lol.

My dad saved a giant vat of water for Y2K

TheGregReaper

#HeatNation #SouthernCalUSC #LiverpoolFC
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WATTS & Inglewood Southern Kalifornia
I still have mine in the attic like this :noah: pops paid $300 for it in 93/94 :mjcry:

gt_performer_001_copy0_lg.jpg

That’s it!!! I had a Dyno that was chrome with red letters and my cousins had that exact bike:cryinghand:

Iono where my shyt went....I think my mom sold it years ago:madfrancis:

Jax

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#Targset,#Heatgang,#Byrdgang
The simple, but undertoned joy of blowing nintendo/sega cartridges :ahh:

These days the lil geek muhfukkas would prolly say some shyt like "Do you have any isopropyl alcohol and cotton balls? :dame:"

"oh no the network is down! :mindblown:"-- fukk outta here :camby: back the online gameplay was bringing your games/controller to your potna n'em house. 'Twitch' was anxiously waiting your turn when there weren't enough controllers or it was a 1 player game. That's could be your BEST FRIEND on the sticks, A1 since day 1 and in the back of your mind you were still thinking "Please god, let this nikka die already :lupe:"

Later, if you could hook up 2 N64s or playstations you were a god :damn:
:lolbron: so this! I would plot on the brehs, "oh you missed a coin/star back there" hoping they would die

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
Being born in 2000 is personally better for me
I'm a Muslim so I am glad, I wasn't a middle schooler/teen during 9/11 :picard:

I remember when YouTube first came around , and all them Waybe/Dipset cartoons:russ:

I have a good memory, so I do remember life before social media n shyt but obviously that shyt didn't matter to me since I was like 6 lmao

Limewire:mjlit:

Had an Eminem poster in my room (:dame::scust:.. I was like 8 brehs)

TI was my favorite rapper and still is:mjgrin:

Coming home from school and watching RapCity:mjgrin:

NikeTalk, I legit saw the come ups of Cudi/Drake/Wale/Cole

bytches showing that cat easily on snapchat and KIK when they first came out:mjlit:

Doing the bare and still doing good in school:blessed: (Shoutout to Quizlet, omm best site ever:mjgrin:)

I feel like my generation is to old for all that Lil Pump/Jake Paul shyt but too young for the 90's babies

The 99-00 is like the finesse generation:russ:, most of us have just finessed are ways through life lmao

Let's see if you still feel this way when you turn 30

:mjlol: