Brehs born in the late 80s and early 90s, get in here

Elim Garak

Veteran
Daps
86 baby here. We are the only generation that knows what it’s like to have technology as an integral part of our daily lives like everyone younger than us, but we’re the generation that also grew up without it at one point and still remembers what that looked and felt like.

I honestly think it gives us a huuuuuuuuuuge advantage in the workplace or whatever career path you choose
Agreed i was born in 86 also.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Don't ya'll feel like we in the middle of 2 different generations :ohhh:. I was at this comedy show and this :flabbynsick: comedian who was like 45, was talking about how these kids these days don't remember antennas on a TV. And I'm thinking like, well I remember that:yeshrug:

Brehs and Brehettes born from like 1987-1993

- We remember when there was no internet, or at least dial up internet
- TV with antenna
- Cassette tapes
- Soul Train
- 90s TV shows, music, movies, etc
- Life before cell phones was a common thing

But we still young as hell :russ:. And I don't connect with none of these new nikkas from this younger generation
I remember making radio cassette (autocorrect put that dumbass shyt there) tapes by recording them at night

I remember the box

Then I remember burning literally everything to CD’s

Phones with shytty 1d/2d games like minesweep and solitaire

Sega genisis

Etc.

In some ways things have gotten cool (technology wise) but shyt used to be hella funner back in those days growing up.

Daps
1990 checking in....to see the world change right before your eyes in one day like 9/11 is something that no one past 5 years of age at that time will never forget...everyone remembers exactly where they were when the world changed to the way it is today...also makes us sub conciously paranoid that an event that major could happen again and change life as we know it again...We know why we are in the middle east when kids that just graduated high school have been born in a world where we have always occupied the middle east.....we saw Myspace which birthed ALL this shyt we see today, Tom dont get the credit he deserve and he sold the company way too soon...What really changed the world as far as social media is concerned is the fact that they were able to bring it to mobile devices when before it was only on cpu/laptop that you could get on the space/book. After that it was game over...We saw the invention of backpage and a whole generation of prostitutes when pre 2008 not many women sold p*ssy...We saw Mj to Kobe to Lebron to now Steph/KD.....We saw WHY there are so many Dallas cowboy fans and we also saw the rise of Brady..Some can say they first time voting they voted for a black president...We saw hip hop change from being about gangsta shyt to flashy shyt to drake/wiz shyt to trap shyt/meme rapper shyt.....

Yep, the youngins think the Patriots are GOAT franchise, not realizing they were mostly trash until Parcells got there in the 90s and drafted Bledsoe, Willie McGinest, Tedi Bruschi, Curtis Martin etc.

AFC used to be the soft conference. They didn't win a Superbowl from the time I was born until I was in 6th grade (97 Broncos).

Every damn body used to do the Mile High Salute after scoring in pee wee/pop Warner/middle school football. The next year, we all copied Jamal Anderson doing the Dirty Bird :russ:

ShortOrderlyGrasshopper-size_restricted.gif

Pazzy

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think 1991 at the latest can remember those shows as they were being played in 94-96. 92 nah. But only 80s babies born before 86 or maybe 87 remember salute your shorts, hey dude, and a couple others on Nickelodeon. Also won’t remember when nicktoons first started. I saw a couple things that 1990 born kids said so far that had me saying how do y’all remember that. Y’all were 2.

Funny people used these years tho (87-93). People born from 77-83 feel like they are to old for millennials and to young for Gen X. Some truth to that too.

80 babies from 83 up to 88. That's the cut off period for that because I wasn't born in 85 but I sure as hell remember all that shyt. That's the main core of the 90 kids. That's the ages where all the shyt you talking about on nickelodeon dropped like wild and crazy kids, salute your shorts, hey dude, roundhouse, clarissa explains and etc etc dropped

TheGregReaper

#HeatNation #SouthernCalUSC #LiverpoolFC
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WATTS & Inglewood Southern Kalifornia
:win: I had this one ...... and motherfukker never told us the inventor was black :mjpls: and CAC's robbed him

Super-Soaker-50-toys-2.jpg

then brehs came with these :damn:

eede268348013277d64d4245518c574d.jpg

I had the top one :wow:

shyt used to piss me off because it would leak water all over me...might as well been the one getting shot:francis:

Pazzy

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This dumb as hell b :mjlol: if you were born after like 86, you came of age in the 00s too.

nikka was 2/3 when 1990 babies were born and act like they were 10.

A lot of you late 80s crack babies got held back and were in our same grade anyways :pachaha:

One, I'm not a late 80s baby. I was born in the mid 80s.

Two, I was a teenager by the end of the 90s and an adult by the mid 2000s. Being a pre teen/teenager around y2k, 9/11, the second bush years, the second Iraq war, the culture at the time and etc is something you 90 babies can't relate to. You were still in elementary school when that happened so you can't really remember that and what was going on. We literally witnessed the end of an era and the beginning of a new one. By the time Ya was in high school, the world changed. Ya missed out.

Whenever you 90 babies try to act like you can relate to people in my age group though we are identified as being within the same generation, you basically are trying to tell us what it was like at our age, not yours. That's the problem. You are a part of a different group of the millenials. Ya have your own section. Yall know what that is. I don't. SpongeBob squarepants or whatever.

I remember the early 2000s being the ignant era. It was a culture in decline. You can feel the change because 2000 felt like a totally different year than 1999. People were literally thinking the world was going to end and when it did not, that's when folks realized they had a second chance to change or continue what they thought they were going to stop doing in 99 so a lot of things and people fell off. Things went down south and never recovered to the way they were or got replaced by half assed shyt. That's why we call the 2000s the lost decade.

Last edited:

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
Remember when teachers used to wheel the TV in the classroom?

DSCN0511.JPG

They almost always struggled to work the remote. :russ: When we got an actual modem in early 2000s and I could talk on the phone AND surf the web simultaneously, I didn't know how to act. A lot of people under 23 have never heard

But then your parents set you up on AOLKids Only :scust:
When you'd cuss in a chat room and a mod would snitch to your parents on some
PRQ0.gif
:scust:

And I swear this commercial was on television for damn near a decade. :laff: Theres no way you can not remember it if you were born before '94.

And let's not forget the GOAT Christmas commercial :to:

Speaking of Christmas, Cartoon Network used to run Xmas cartoons from 23 - 25 nonstop. Not the bs they do now with a few hours of Christmas toons and specials followed by regulary scheduled programming and adult swim.

Last edited:

The Coochie Assassin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
RD4L
Two, I was a teenager by the end of the 90s and an adult by the mid 2000s. Being a pre teen/teenager around y2k, 9/11, the second bush years, the second Iraq war, the culture at the time and etc is something you 90 babies can't relate to.
Yeah you might be a crack baby. Or you think 1990 is the same as 1995 or something.

Your math is off. You know people born in 1990 were in middle school during 9/11 and in high school in 2004 (Bush 2nd term). We were adults by 2008. I hope I didn't confuse you.

Micky Mikey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
88 baby here

Does anyone else feel rather disconnected from popular culture? I am 30 and far from flabby and sick but so much of popular culture (particularly todays hip hop culture and fashions) just doesn't vibe with me. I feel like I am too old to dress and party like the youngins but too young for the wife and kids lifestyle. Also most of the women my age are either crazy or married. Women younger than 25 seem to move to fast for me.

Pazzy

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah you might be a crack baby. Or you think 1990 is the same as 1995 or something.

Your math is off. You know people born in 1990 were in middle school during 9/11 and in high school in 2004 (Bush 2nd term). We were adults by 2008. I hope I didn't confuse you.

Whether you want to accept it or not, you can't relate to my age range. Try all you want but you can't relate.

The world is a lot different from a 15 year olds perspective compared to a 11 year olds. Get over it. When I started college, the 1990 babies started high school which was September 2004. You guys basically caught the second bush term. By the time you most of you 1990 babies were voting, there were smart phones, social media was getting big and it was a different time. You guys need to stop trying to fit into our section of the 90 kids shyt because that ain't yall.

Just like how us mid 80s babies can't relate to the early 80s babies. They had their own shyt. Some overlapped into our shyt and some shyt us mid 80s babies didn't catch. You don't see any of us trying to squeeze our way in their shyt. We let them have that. They got to be teens in the mid 90s so they see shyt a lot different than us core 90 kids do around the same time period.

And I'm so much of an 80s baby that I take the word crack baby offensive because that shyt was a diss back when I was a kid in the 90s. It wasn't a good thing.

Last edited: