brehettes could you date a man making 10-15 a hour?

Desirous

Action expresses priorities
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
If by 30+ he hasn't "built" himself to earn more than $10-$15 an hour, I'm pretty certain he's not going to catch up anytime soon. Depends on the guy.

GoPro

EscoBeard Season Has Returned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#CertLife #ITGang
10 per is basically poverty in NYC. You cant even get an apartment with that unless it's affordable housing. 15 is ehh. You can get you a little studio in Crapsville. A broad would look at me crazy if I told her I made either.

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
bdizzle said:
Anything under 200k is. Broke if you wanna keep it 100

That, my friend, is a bold-faced LIE. I worked for 11 years for a Community Help organization and had access to the financial records of ALL my clients in order to qualify them for the program I was involved with.

The 'Poverty Level' for a family of 6 is $40k/yr. (in my area and most of America) and you think that anything below $200k/yr. is 'broke'?.........................:laff::laff::laff:

Source of my Information: http://aspe.hhs.gov/poverty/14poverty.cfm

Last edited:

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It depends on where the woman is in life.
Women always trade up.

Pretty sure there's a Chris Rock bit about it.

First they date a guy who has a car. From that point on, every guy she dates has to have a car.
Then she'll date a guy with his own place. From that point on, every guy she dates has to have his own place.

And so on.

So they'll date a man who makes $12 per hour.
But not after they dated a man who makes $35.

Most of the time, anyway.

So to answer the question, yeah, I think women generally seek the finished product.

:manny:

For all the talk modern women give us men about how independent they are, at the end of the day they want to be comfortable and catered to.
There are kept women. There are no kept men.

And excuse me ladies, but I don't really buy that crap about you sticking by a man so long as he's got goals, ambition and a plan.

I'm sure some women do. But the 26 year old guy working the overnight shift at the supermarket, making $8.50 an hour, living at home while he goes to community college in the day time and has no car is NOT getting much play from a 26 year old woman who just got out of a relationship with a guy who makes $65,000, has a car and took her to Negril last winter.

:sas1:

MJ Freedom

All Star
Daps
Mufukka, I make $8.75 right now and am going to get a second job (interview) tomorrow. I'm literally at the bottom right now. IMHO I don't even have any business trying to get with a chick on any serious level until I can get my financial shyt in order anyway.

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
MJ Freedom said:
Mufukka, I make $8.75 right now and am going to get a second job (interview) tomorrow. I'm literally at the bottom right now. IMHO I don't even have any business trying to get with a chick on any serious level until I can get my financial shyt in order anyway.

My man, you are not 'at the bottom'. You make ~$6k/yr. more than a single dude who is.

:facepalm:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hell no! These slightly above minimum wage ninjas need to be avoided like the plague.

I give two shyts if you are "on the come up"....you ain't there yet.

God forbid something should happened and the chick gets knocked up. Are they going to sit around thinking, "We'll be alright...he's on the come up. Today he's mopping floors...tomorrow it will be fries...and maybe then we can afford some health insurance"? Hell no!

They are going to be thinking, "We fukked up!" She's going to be thinking about a trip to the abortion clinic or settling into a life with a broke ninja and a baby.

In this world we live into today men need to step their game up. There was a time when men took pride in being established and able to provide before having kids, marrying, etc. Now selfish ninjas want chicks to give them all the benefits of marriage without marriage and without having shyt to their names. It don't work that way. Anything you can buy a woman with a job making $10-$15 an hour she can get her damn self.