Breh I met wants less money to return to the office

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
Some people don't have social lives outside of work. No friends and no bytches:yeshrug: I'm willing to bet 9/10 times that's the main reason some people advocate going back to the office. If you ask me, Corporate America is college 2.0. The office is their only interaction with dudes and tight skirt women.

I can see loving the company so much you'd like to go back in office, but I'll be damned if I did it for a pay cut.
This

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
My job allows two work from home days a week and 3 in office. Company tracks this by badge swipes used to get into the building. People literally swipe their badge then immediately go home or work in the office for a few hours then go home.

I loved working from home.. it has its good and bad tho..

Good: no commute, less laundry, can make your breakfast, lunch at home saving you lots of money, less mileage/wear and tear on your car etc.

Bad: Life moves very quickly in the blink of an eye and you don’t remember most of it.

It’s harder to stand out amongst your peers (but this isn’t really true when most people do their communication via messaging apps like Skype).

You can get very comfortable working from home and not strive for a better position and higher pay.

I work for a big corporation with office’s all over the world.. teams are located all over the country.. someone’s manager might be in a whole different state.

The people I’ve noticed who enjoy going into work and stay at work are those who like the social aspect of it or work better with their team in person. Or they are old fashioned and think remote work is for lazy people who don’t want to work

Regular Developer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I prefer the hybrid, but I aint taking no paycut. Shoot, they're paying me more because everybody else aint working unless its remote

Prodyson

All Star
Daps
Why would you rent a space
If you work for a company
Their should be a work facility
A company can do whatever they want. So either find a new job or go to a coworking space. I’m sure he’s in the minority, so if they’ve already shifted to using their space for alternative purposes, it’s unlikely they’re going back to the office anytime soon.

And the same advice applies to someone who wants to be able to work from home, but can’t. Go find a job that lets you.

xXOGLEGENDXx

Superstar
Daps
A difference between having a preference and downing someone for wanting to go to the office
The comments I was referring to were the anti social reasons nyggas was listing
Avoiding a commute or being able to handle your kids schedule better are good reasons to want to work from home
But that weird antisocial shyt im not co-signing
I said I prefer work from home
But the majority of reasoning people had was weirdo answers
Nothing wrong with wanting to go back to the office. Same way a person returning to office has preferences, a remote person can have preferences too. You are guilty of the same thing, downing somebody and calling them incels because of their preferences. But regardless of preferences, you're an idiot if you take a significant pay cut to go back in. That is where the criticism comes from.

Also if work is the only place a person can get social interaction, doesn't that infact make them anti-social? They can't interact with other humans outside of their job? They don't have friends or family and can't meet women outside? What happens if they lose their job?

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
Can tell everyone in here is a computer loving nerd that gets no pussc :mjlol:
I would prefer work from home
but I can't easily see a "people person" wanting to socialize and interact in person
a real meeting is definitely better than a zoom call

You can't smash women at work, so not sure what you mean here. Office folks missed their work wives and shyt like that. Women can't flirt and get attention like could at the office. Highschool shyt.

I'd say it's already been assumed by the majority that you must go outside if you wfh.

SadimirPutin

Superstar
Daps
So these people that are so anxious to get back into the office...

What are you doing during the work day that has you so pressed for human interaction? Are you stopping by colleagues desk to chat? INSTEAD OF BEING AT YOURS?

Are yall holding brainstorming meetings on strategic company policy? I fukkING DOUBT IT

Are you in the field with teammates on sales calls? POSSIBLE...but more and more sales are done over the phone

10K is quite a shave for pretend friends.....what if the company laid him off tomorrow? Would his social battery dry up and cause him to be depressed or die?

He sound like a complete head case