Breaking... Ubisoft Erases your digital games if you don't play them!!!! :wow::wtf: :dahell:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
When you buy a physical game you have to install it on your hard DISC drive.

When you buy a digital game you install it to your hard DISC drive.

If “they” are gonna remove access to your games “they” would have to tap in to your hard DISC drive and delete/disable the game.

your hard DISC drive is fully under your control. Realistically no one can do anything to prevent you from accessing content that’s already on your drive.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I hear you, and I often argue against "gamer entitlement" and faulty idealism when it comes to business. But this move by Ubi just seems blatantly anti-consumer and hurting their brand which needs fan goodwill and to rebuild trust.

Maybe they can try to winback those dormant accounts rather than just write them off? Sending emails probably isn't enough, and maybe the address is out of date, not sure of laws but I'm sure we gave them a bunch of data and rights in the TOS?

Just seems short-sighted to worry about server costs and not why folks are abandoning their platform instead...
It’s not unique to ubi.

No company is gonna maintain dormant accounts in perpetuity.

Maybe they could try harder to reach you, but ultimately any company is gonna cancel things that incur cost with little to no monetary benefit.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Which AAA publisher doesn’t ask for a sign in?

I dont have a capcom account, so i didn’t need one for Resident Evil 4, don’t have a square enix account so didn’t need one for FF16, didnt need a nintendo account for tears of the kingdom, etc. etc.

The last AAA game i played where i needed to create a account to play it was Midnight Suns

Edit—- and Diablo IV but i didn’t actually but that

And Street Fighter 6

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
When you buy a physical game you have to install it on your hard DISC drive.

When you buy a digital game you install it to your hard DISC drive.

If “they” are gonna remove access to your games “they” would have to tap in to your hard DISC drive and delete/disable the game.

your hard DISC drive is fully under your control. Realistically no one can do anything to prevent you from accessing content that’s already on your drive.

:troll: its ok meach i believe you....

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
It’s not unique to ubi.

No company is gonna maintain dormant accounts in perpetuity.

Maybe they could try harder to reach you, but ultimately any company is gonna cancel things that incur cost with little to no monetary benefit.
Sadly, garbage corporate culture where the same old leadership is out of touch with their audience and what once made them great, is not unique to Ubi Soft lol

And what's worse, is they act surprised and innocent on earnings calls, layoff talent that did nothing wrong and crunch everyone else

Heard awful things about the company culture there...

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I dont have a capcom account, so i didn’t need one for Resident Evil 4, don’t have a square enix account so didn’t need one for FF16,

:comeon:
didnt need a nintendo account for tears of the kingdom, etc. etc.
Stop lying. You can’t even launch any switch game without being logged into a switch account

The last AAA game i played where i needed to create a account to play it was Midnight Suns

Edit—- and Diablo IV but i didn’t actually but that

And Street Fighter 6
So, pretty much all AAA publishers like i said :ehh:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps

What happens when you close my account?​

Closing your account will result in the following:

• The closed account’s online ID cannot be used to create another account.
  • You will lose access to any content purchased using the account. This content cannot be transferred to another account, and refunds can only be given in line with the PlayStation Store cancellation policy.
  • You will lose access to any subscriptions and their associated entitlements.
  • You will lose access to your PSN wallet. Funds in your wallet cannot be returned, as stated in the Terms of Service.

get your pitchforks out :damn:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Sadly, garbage corporate culture where the same old leadership is out of touch with their audience and what once made them great, is not unique to Ubi Soft lol

And what's worse, is they act surprised and innocent on earnings calls, layoff talent that did nothing wrong and crunch everyone else

Heard awful things about the company culture there...
Ubi got lots of shyt to criticize. But this policy isn’t very different than pretty much any other company maintaining digital accounts. It’s even in the law in some places that dormant accounts should be closed for cybersecurity reasons.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

:comeon:

Stop lying. You can’t even launch any switch game without being logged into a switch account

So, pretty much all AAA publishers like i said :ehh:

What, no i dont need a specific account to play square enix games. The only thing you need one for is the MMO

Same with Capcom, you only need a capcom id for street fighter

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
What, no i dont need a specific account to play square enix games. The only thing you need one for is the MMO
You don’t “need” an account if you are playing offline. That goes for all publishers. If you want to take advantage of online stuff like cloud saves, leaderboards, etc. You need an account.

Ubi works the same way as everyone else.
Same with Capcom, you only need a capcom id for street fighter
Capcom was seemingly late to the party, but they will be prompting you for that capcom account for anything you play going forward :ehh:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
You don’t “need” an account if you are playing offline. That goes for all publishers. If you want to take advantage of online stuff like cloud saves, leaderboards, etc. You need an account.

Ubi works the same way as everyone else.

Capcom was seemingly late to the party, but they will be prompting you for that capcom account for anything you play going forward :ehh:

Iwouldliketoseeitmoniquechi.jpg