Breaking... Ubisoft Erases your digital games if you don't play them!!!! :wow::wtf: :dahell:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I hear you, and I often argue against "gamer entitlement" and faulty idealism when it comes to business. But this move by Ubi just seems blatantly anti-consumer and hurting their brand which needs fan goodwill and to rebuild trust.

Maybe they can try to winback those dormant accounts rather than just write them off? Sending emails probably isn't enough, and maybe the address is out of date, not sure of laws but I'm sure we gave them a bunch of data and rights in the TOS? Make that an incentive internally rather than cut during fiscal periods to try and save face...

Just seems short-sighted to worry about server costs and not why folks are abandoning their platform instead...
this is about dormant accounts that have never purchased any games

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Just redownload is and move on. Banks will close your account if you don’t have a balance and let it remain inactive. This isn’t a new phenomenon
Who has a bank account with no money in it though? Like actually no money in it :dead:

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
what if I told you there's people with a negative balance
dave-chappelle-money.gif

Volt

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Rio
Let's keep it a buck. Most of these companies are legit, using the "launchers" as a way to farm digi currency. Ubi moving sloppy with the blatant attempts. You got to realize that this is going to be the future. We are buying Trojan horses with good graphics and a community of gamers that are getting fukked over.

Don't be surprised if this becomes the trend as we head into a era of digital gaming over physical. Hence, why they are speeding up the demise of physical gaming. There's more money to be made on the superhighway, than a trip to a local bummed up Gamestop :wow:
MJ_lol_tinfoil.png

Y'all ain't making sense. This affects physical releases too. When the whole "service" goes down, it doesn't matter how you got the game.
why is this controversial?

it says "if you decide to close your Ubisoft account"
Because realistically, it doesn't even need to exist. If I buy a game through Steam, idgaf about their wackass account system that doesn't even do anything.

Daps
Reppin
Lwo Lakeset
If bill gates raped them in the ass xbots would make a thread on here telling us how they are doing it for the benefit of the customers

I only see xbots celebrating these anti consumer practices

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
Its a simple price hike that they're trying to disguise as some new feature. The major issue is, ubisoft connect is trash and doesnt run well. i shouldnt have to confirm admin access 29 times back to back and the standard version chugs like hell. I also dislike how its integrated with other launchers. shyts like inception just to play assassins creed.

i hate to say this but look at steam. If steam was like yeah we gonna take some of your games back alot of people wouldnt even notice because the interface works well and they have huge libraries.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Its a simple price hike that they're trying to disguise as some new feature. The major issue is, ubisoft connect is trash and doesnt run well. i shouldnt have to confirm admin access 29 times back to back and the standard version chugs like hell. I also dislike how its integrated with other launchers. shyts like inception just to play assassins creed.

i hate to say this but look at steam. If steam was like yeah we gonna take some of your games back alot of people wouldnt even notice because the interface works well and they have huge libraries.

Once we go all digital its a wrap for any real sort of consumer choice.