BREAKING: The Washington Wizards are trading three-time All-Star Bradley Beal to the Phoenix Suns for Chris Paul, Landry Shamet, second-rounders

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
I didn't think he was untradeable, I just thought it was very unneccessary to pay him because they knew they weren't winning shyt and not bidding against anyone. They could have just let him walk for cap space or traded him when he was expiring and put themselves in a better position to get someone like wemby in this draft
You pay him to retain the asset then get a return on investment if the asset isn’t working for you ….maybe you think they would have been better served waiting for that elusive “big time free agent” to spend their money on or pray for Wemby but sounds more like fantasies than a solid asset management strategy. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with paying guys who have tradable market value, we’ve seen teams do this strategy before (OKC/PG) …I don’t think it’s that big of a deal and will be even less of an issue if they trade him.

Braman

Superstar
Daps
His contract is awful so I don't think it'll even take multiple picks, plus any deal has to be a destination that Beal prefers. Dallas has expirings and one pick (#10) in the lottery this year. Philly has an expiring in Tobias Harris. Miami can probably trade Lowry and fillers, plus this year's pick

Dallas has the best package. Hardy and #10

While Herro is better than Hardy right now, I’ve seen enough of Hardy to know he’s gonna be just as good (at least). Plus 3 years younger

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:scust:

Maxey is an elite shooter now and is still young as hell.

Beals contract is ass

I get it

I’m just looking it at from the perspective of Philly management maybe trying to go all in to win now with Embiid & Harden :hubie:

Sire366

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Phila
Only way Philly gets Beal is if he uses his no trade clause, and specifically states that where he wants to be. Package would be Harris/Springer/29 1st and 2nd likely, that's the best Philly will be willing and can do

Braman

Superstar
Daps
Going from Herro to Beal reminds me of what I called Re: Brunson and Kyrie

I’m not immediately sure kyrie is a better basketball player than Brunson with all things taken into account.

Beal with a complete green light was no longer a 30 point scorer. Avg 23 each of the last 2 seasons …on a talent starved roster…in a new offensive explosion league where everybody averages 20

So while he is better than herro, if you’re squeezing him into a big 3 his numbers and contribution are probably gonna look exactly like Herro’s.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I been trying to figure out why people keep saying Philly. It’s just laziness
Because him and Embiid are close and he has a no trade clause, so he dictates where he is traded. Philly has a massive expiring that almost matches up with Beal so the math works.

iamduval

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Because him and Embiid are close and he has a no trade clause, so he dictates where he is traded. Philly has a massive expiring that almost matches up with Beal so the math works.

They have one tradeable pick and replacing Tobias with Beal while potentially losing harden or maxey (bc they won’t be able to pay all 4 the max) is not a realistic option for winning.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
They have one tradeable pick and replacing Tobias with Beal while potentially losing harden or maxey (bc they won’t be able to pay all 4 the max) is not a realistic option for winning.
Beal fits with Embiid better than Harden. They would not be losing Maxey.

Philly is already way over the cap next season so this is the best way to stay in the mix.

iamduval

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Beal fits with Embiid better than Harden. They would not be losing Maxey.

Philly is already way over the cap next season so this is the best way to stay in the mix.

Wing depth? PJ? House? Unrealistic. Best option is to run it back or move Tobias for more wing depth

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
Wiz completely dropped the ball not trading him earlier. He can say he’ll only go to one team and they’ll have no choice all

If I’m Beal it’s

1. Heat
2. Lakers
3. Mavs

:bryan: @ the very real possibility the wiz end up helping LA get rui and Beal and only get back D Lo or Austin Reaves on return.
Not only did they give this Bernie Madoff ass nikka a terrible contract but they doubled down and gave him a no trade clause

:mindblown:

For what??

The Wizards are a TRASH FRANCHISE

Last edited: