BREAKING: The Washington Wizards are trading three-time All-Star Bradley Beal to the Phoenix Suns for Chris Paul, Landry Shamet, second-rounders

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I don't even see the point. The best value the #1 pick would have next year is if you're shopping it.
Keeping Beal is a complete non starter. You can’t build a winner with him as your best player. Washington ain’t exactly a FA hotbed so that’s out. Keeping him around makes you bad but not quite bad enough to win the lottery. Washington is doing the right thing which is clearing the decks and starting over fresh. Any other option only prolongs the inevitable

Heavy_Handz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Suns’ll be top heavy with no bench. At this point, KD is guaranteed to be injured before or right around all-star break, meaning that they won't even play enough games to build chemistry.

No perimeter defense to guard the other teams best lead guard/wing player and Ayton will find a way to get in the doghouse with Vogel/the team :heh:

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
The biggest loser in all of this is Porzingis and Kuzma. Goofy ass Tommy Shepherd was really going to pay bum ass Kuzma 30 million dollars because he believed some magical idea that Kuz, Porzingis and Beal could have been a big three. Kuzma will have no offers remotely close to that now

calh45

Cal
Daps
the long term ramifications are that if they will be over the 2nd apron, picks, trades and any free agent that's remotely decent won't be options.

It's a little baffling to commit being over the apron this way. Is the owner planning on gifting players free homes in Phoenix in lieu of an actual salary?

I don't think a team of Beal + Book + old KD + lazy Ayton is going to win a championship anytime soon.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
The long term ramifications mean nothing if they win a ring and this move puts them way closer to that than staying in place did .

The only “depth” they got rid of was Landry Shamet who Phoenix suns fans hated,CP3 was gone regardless so I don’t see how this can be viewed as a L by the Suns in any way .

The owner was going to be spending big $$$ regardless

The suns were going to have depth issues regardless

Spending is one thing: spending it responsibly is another. Those players are gonna miss too many games to establish the kind of chemistry necessary to beat a team like Denver. Everyone saw their weaknesses and thought, go trade Ayton for depth, get handcuffs for CP3 and KD when they miss time. Beal's not fixing that; we're just happy Beal gets to see if he can succeed or fail on this level. This is Valley Nets

Unbothered

ELEVATING to HIGHER LEVELS with POSITIVE VIBES ✨
Daps
Reppin
'Cuse, New York
I think Washington will buyout CP3 and let KP and Kuzma wall/or be traded down the line.

The Wizards are likely going for a full rebuild which is probably why Beal finally said “ok I'm out of here” because he just like Lillard used to be on that “I'm not leaving/I want to win here” shyt.

I do believe Lillard won't be a Blazer this upcoming season but, I'm not sure if Miami will be the landing spot unless he pushes for it and if Miami is willing to be assertive in pursuing Dame, because Riley and management give me the assumption that they're fine with the team they have and honestly if I'm a Heat fan I'd be disappointed if that's the case, they've missed out on opportunities to land a star or two these past 2-3 seasons.

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
because it’s important as we saw with their downfall :manny: They HAVE to convert Ayton into something of value if they can’t this team will have questions …additionally CP3 wasn’t useless he played solidly in the second half of the year and was their best distributor/table setter even at his advanced age …they better hope Booker and Beal can run an offense full time like he did
My point is they didn’t have it before Beal trade either. Bringing it up regarding this trade is a moot point. It’s the exact same roster but Beal for CP and Shamet. They were going to have a bunch of vet min regardless but now have a legit 3rd guy.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
why is depth being brought up?

1. Suns had minimal depth after KD trade regardless
2. They traded away two useless guys for an all star
3. They STILL HAVE Ayton who will most likely be flip for the depth
4. There will be ring chasers and prove it guys who will line up to sign with them, they should have a much better selection than they had after KD trade
We just saw a team win the chip with no depth

Daps
Reppin
NULL
If whoever gave him the no trade clause don't work for the organization, they need to be rehired ASAP just to get fired a second time for that dumb shyt. No way that's all you should be able to get back for Beal. If I'm the Wizards I'm at least forcing the Suns to find a third trade partner or something to get some first coming back or just keeping him.
Its funny seeing people say that the Wizards needed to get rid of the Beal contract like he's Russell Westbrook on the Lakers :heh:
The Suns were on the cusp of potential waiving CP3, there's no way that you can only get 2nd rounders in return. Pick swaps are overrated, especially when you're the Wizards that are almost always lottery status. Over the next two years with the cap increasing they'll be players like Siakam, Dejounte Murray making over $40M/per, so Beal's contract compared to contemporary players won't be awful.