BREAKING: Supreme Court Overturns Roe vs Wade

NotAnFBIagent

[redacted]
Daps
Strictly discussing irresponsibility, not health reasons, rape etc. It should never have been a federal right whether you keep a baby or not. That should have always been left to the state. Why should the state decide how much sales tax you pay? Why shouldn states decide how easy it is to obtain a firearm? Because thats the states right. Federal protections should be for speech/political stances, and things you dont have control of ie race, and sex. Not peoples mistakes.
It shouldn't be a government decision or right at all

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
I'm not good with political terms :yeshrug: ...

Does this mean abortion is now illegal or legal nationwide? What are the effects of this?
It means that abortion rights is now up to each state and not federally protected.

Conservative/Republican states in the coming days/weeks will ban abortion outright.

Mike18jj

Veteran
Daps
Based on the current data we have, the out of wedlock birth rates were lower pre Roe vs Wade than post Roe vs Wade, right?
yeah, but it's a different time no matter what now people not going to stop fukking raw. There will always be a work around for shyt like this, I could see more women leaving newborns on the street if shyt gets bad enough.

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
I’m not going to lie, abortion was never something I really thought about because there are so many steps one can take before it gets to that point, HOWEVER, I’ve always been pro-choice because it isn’t my business what another woman does with her body.

And the the thing is, the well-off white women will still be going to private doctors and rich parents will still ensure their high school/college aged daughters are getting abortions to ensure they will remain childless before marriage.

This is about controlling the masses.

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
While a Rep Senator in Alabama could easily vote No to codify Roe, a Rep Senator from NH would surely lose their seat. The bill would pass both houses easily if put up for a vote.
Um, no it wouldn't. What are you talking about? It's dead-on-arrival in the Senate because Republicans will filibuster :dahell: