BREAKING: Roe v Wade has been overturned by the Supreme Court #BothSides

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Or you could compare the abortion rates by state and see those with stricter laws have fewer abortions, the states with lax laws have higher abortion and std rates (specifically high hiv rates is what I looked at).
I mean, this isn't completely true. Florida has some of the most restrictive laws and ranks 3rd in total abortions. Louisiana has some of the most restrictive laws as well as having the 3rd highest rate of STDs. States with the most restrictive abortion laws also have the highest maternal mortality rates and the poorest children's health outcomes.

Giselle

Daps
I mean, this isn't completely true. Florida has some of the most restrictive laws and ranks 3rd in total abortions. Louisiana has some of the most restrictive laws as well as having the 3rd highest rate of STDs. States with the most restrictive abortion laws also have the highest maternal mortality rates and the poorest children's health outcomes.
Louisiana and Florida allows abortions up to 5 & 6 months like many states with lax laws, which is absolutely disgusting because there are babies who leave the womb early at 5-6 months (aka premies) that survive outside of the womb thanks to updated technology. Those 2 states are currently trying to make stricter laws because they have such high rates of abortions and std’s. The data for those states is from before the new strict laws they’re trying to pass or just passed were put into action and no new data has been released on the effects.

Many of you are just saying anything at this point when presented with facts. For the last time, there are no excuses and this could be very beneficial for all of us as far as health as we already see that places with restrictive laws have lower std &abortion rates while places with lax laws have higher rates of both. We will see.

Reflected

Living in fear in the year of the tiger.
Daps
Louisiana and Florida allows abortions up to 5 & 6 months like many states with lax laws, which is absolutely disgusting because there are babies who leave the womb early at 5-6 months (aka premies) that survive outside of the womb thanks to updated technology. Those 2 states are currently trying to make stricter laws because they have such high rates of abortions and std’s. The data for those states is from before the new strict laws they’re trying to pass or just passed were put into action and no new data has been released on the effects.

Many of you are just saying anything at this point when presented with facts. For the last time, there are no excuses and this could be very beneficial for all of us as far as health as we already see that places with restrictive laws have lower std &abortion rates while places with lax laws have higher rates of both. We will see.
Before continuing is your argument for the state to control women's reproductive rights with the overturning of Roe v Wade for the intention of increasing responsibility with regards to fertility and STDs?

That's a moral question, on the numbers are you familiar with these two studies below? You only need the conclusion in the first and the second link features a short summary controlling for some the factors you are presenting:

The Pregnancy-Related Mortality Impact of a Total Abortion Ban in the United States: A Research Note on Increased Deaths Due to Remaining Pregnant | Demography | Duke University Press

https://www.brookings.edu/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/class_gaps_unintended_pregnancy_release.pdf

Are you willing to accepted the projected mortality rates as a result of this overturning? Understand, those mortality rates don't even figure in contraceptives being banned.

Henri Christophe

Son Of Afrika
Daps
Reppin
NYC / Royaume d'Haïti
Are you willing to accepted the projected mortality rates as a result of this overturning? Understand, those mortality rates don't even figure in contraceptives being banned.

I'm curious - if she's against abortion - whats motivating you to convince her to change her stance?

I thought this was a topic where women held dominion and men had to step aside.....

You seeming kinda "patriarchal" right now...... respect women's choice.

She made strong points.

Reflected

Daps
I'm curious - if she's against abortion - whats motivating you to convince her to change her stance?

I thought this was a topic where women held dominion and men had to step aside.....

You seeming kinda "patriarchal" right now...... respect women's choice.

She made strong points.
No, I actually don't care for sex with regards to stance on the topic, it's entirely irrelevant as the position should be grounded on traits, and you don't need to be a female to ground the positions. I could go more in-depth there if needed. I just want to her to validate the inconsistencies so I can move on.

Henri Christophe

Son Of Afrika
Daps
Reppin
NYC / Royaume d'Haïti
No, I actually don't care for sex with regards to stance on the topic, it's entirely irrelevant as the position should be grounded on traits, and you don't need to be a female to ground the positions. I could go more in-depth there if needed. I just want to her to validate the inconsistencies so I can move on.

lol I'm just joking with you bro

I'm just pointing out how everything is "shut up and listen to women" until the anti-abortion women show up...hahahahaa, and then no one wants to listen to women anymore.

I dont have a dog in this fight but I'm always gonna provide support to the sisters who understand the value of black life - born and unborn.

Reflected

Daps
lol I'm just joking with you bro

I'm just pointing out how everything is "shut up and listen to women" until the anti-abortion women show up...hahahahaa, and then no one wants to listen to women anymore.

I dont have a dog in this fight but I'm always gonna provide support to the sisters who understand the value of black life - born and unborn.
Understandable, I'm actually against abortion, morally speaking, but the manner in which I grounded it was based on the traits that necessitate my reasoning for veganism. I'm tired of faulty reasoning being the reason for giving the state control over abortion, especially when we remove the position for morality and put it on the numbers, we see an increase in some pretty severe areas, especially when we consider everything the Republicans are already gunning for.

But yeah, rhetorically speaking, the left is due for a bit of a social culling with regards to who we allow to speak as a representative for the ideology.

edit: I support not banning abortion for the practicality of it though. I explained it earlier in longer post if you care for the position.

Micky Mikey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Abortion is legal here with lax laws overall , so for data you would have to compare the rates of abortion to other countries where they have stricter abortion laws. But you should exclude the counties where they abort based off of gender and countries where rape is allowed more often. Out of all of the devolved countries that don’t kill unborn kids based off gender (ex. Like China does) , the United States has the most lax abortion laws and the highest abortion rates, much higher than nearly all European countries.

Or you could compare the abortion rates by state and see those with stricter laws have fewer abortions, the states with lax laws have higher abortion and std rates (specifically high hiv rates is what I looked at).

If your arguement is that lax abortion laws cause a direct increase in STD rates I would argue thats where contraception use and sex education comes in. An increase in STD rates doesn't justify banning all abortions. Also if we ban abortions will you be in favor of more funding of public health?

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

Nope. Your archaic beliefs don't change the meaning of "lax" or "strict." Those states still had laws that are more strict. This isn't something that recently started, so the CDC surveillance data from 2019 is relevant.

What facts? I'm using the CDC and Guttmacher. What are the so-called health benefits? The higher maternal mortality rates? The poorer quality of children's health? I see you ignored that part of my post for whatever reason. Ask yourself why states with such restrictive abortion laws also fail to take advantage of something that would actually benefit the health of their residents - the medicaid expansion.

shonuff

All Star
Daps
The fact that we are now framing our laws based on what an American Christian Taliban finds acceptable....

smh

And the primacy of most of the arguments is " women shouldn't have sex unless they accept that they must give birth" so ultimately this is all about controlling women and using pregnancy to punish them for having sex

Last edited: