🚨BREAKING🚨Rays SS Wander Franco Got a Weird Case.[UPDATE 7/9/2024] formally charged with sexual abuse and sexual exploitation against a MINORRRRRRR

Grifter

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Watching

Though no charges have been filed, Franco remains under investigation accused of sexual and psychological abuse, and abduction. He could face between two to five years in prison if found guilty.

According to Marc Topkin of the Tampa Bay Times, Franco must check in with court officials monthly through June 30, 2024, unless there is a resolution to his case before that date. Franco's status with MLB could also change depending on how the case progresses in the Dominican Republic.

The question leading up to Thursday was whether Franco would be placed on the restricted list and not paid his $2 million salary, based on the premise that by not reporting to spring camp he is failing to provide his services. It has been unclear if Franco, with charges pending, would have been allowed in the United States had he tried to enter under his work visa. This decision seems to remove any financial motivation for Franco to try to report.

Megadeus

Superstar
Daps
2-5 years max is just what I expected.

Ppl need to understand this isn't the U.S, you don't get put "under the jail" for some shyt like this. Especially if you have status/wealth

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
2-5 years max is just what I expected.

Ppl need to understand this isn't the U.S, you don't get put "under the jail" for some shyt like this. Especially if you have status/wealth
He shouldn’t be facing anytime if he paid them off. If angel villalona can get away with murder in the Dominican, he can buy his way out of this.

Raquinotj

#NBATwitter #NBAReddit #6ixRings #PatsNation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of champions BAWSTON
All because he couldn't not dabble with underaged girls

Scum

They should lock up the parents too, I think the mom pimped her out to him

Dominican Republic is so corrupt i didnt think they could pull this off. Im glad they got him though.

Carolina Slim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh by way of Crooklyn
Dominican Republic is so corrupt i didnt think they could pull this off. Im glad they got him though.

Yeah that had confused me.... I watch news in the Dominican Republic, and have been aware of numerous cases involving young girls, and it seemed as though if you had long paper and some influence, it was brushed off. I remember a case where a 16 year old was kidnapped and murdered by her baby's father (his mom was a prominent lawyer or something, I believe), stuffed in a suitcase and left in a ditch. The mom co-signed it and helped cover it up because they didn't want the girl and her family, who were poor, coming and trying to get money off them. I remember seeing there were near riots down there over that case. Just wondering where they draw the line at.