Breaking: PAWG Breaks Down How Hiphop Reinforces Negative Stereotypes About Black People

londonize

Pro
Daps
People who get upset have more than likely formed a portion, if not all of their identity with hip hop culture. To them hip hop or rap IS black culture and there is nothing else.
It always amazes me how many of us claim to genuinely want change yet still cling on to self destructive elements in our community. This tendency is constantly played out within the black community.

facts. people talking about "we need group economics, we need black leaders, we need to build businesses" but cant even turn off the fukking radio when black rappers funded and promoted by certain people are pouring poison directly into our ears and our childrens ears :francis:
we want real change but we cant even get the basics down :francis:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
facts. people talking about "we need group economics, we need black leaders, we need to build businesses" but cant even turn off the fukking radio when black rappers funded and promoted by certain people are pouring poison directly into our ears and our childrens ears :francis:

Truth.

Micky Mikey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Exactly and without completely dropping these negative elements we will never see the progress we desire. NEVER.
Gangster Rap culture has become so ingrained in how we identify ourselves that we refuse to let it go. And this isn't entirely our fault. If you have been consistently fed an image of what the epitome of a "real" black man should be (despite it being propaganda) , you will become that. Gangster Rap does a fantastic job encapsulating the anger, sense of hopelessness and rage that a lot of black men have in American society. The whole hyper-masculine ,hyper violent , over sexes caricature pushed in our music is really a rebellious act against white American society. A society in which we feel alienated and oppressed.
Unfortunately this caricature plays right into the hands of white supremacy and it always has. Furthermore this caricature that so many black men have came to identify (largely due to gangster rap) with so much is ultimately harmful to our community.
We dont need hyper masculine , hyper violent and over sexed men in our community. We need analytical and forward thinking men who have control over their emotions. We need men who can thoroughly navigate through this system of white supremacy without getting trapped by the countless pitfalls set in place. If this image of black men instead was pushed in our music, white America would have a huge problem on their hands.

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
All y'all saying that rap doesn't affect me so i don't care are fukking selfish. You're part of the reason our community is fukking stagnant. Guess what its affecting other black kids who will grow up to look at other blacks differently while sucking up to cacs who are the reason blacks spew that detrimental shyt in rap. :snoop:

If not for kendrick lamar, j cole, chance and underground hip hop and other rap artists i would even listen to rap. But y'all would call me a c00n because i don't want to listen to music that plays a part in destroying my community.

nikka u talking about negative rappers but you out here falling for the media-driven okie dokie with this nikka Chance. Chance's dad was one of the nikkas who covered up Laquan McDonald murder, he a government sponsored rapper who's purpose is to be the "good negro out of Chicago" so they can keep fronting on the nikkas who really are in the hood out there. You probably think Vic Mensa is a true Chicago conscious militant soldier too huh smh.

Movies and TV shows promote negative stereotypes and nobody gives a fukk but for hip hop there always has to be scrutiny because of "negative stereotypes" maybe the black community wouldnt be so fukked up if the schools actually taught nikkas about black history and actually gave them proper books and computers and shyt. It aint hip hop's job to teach nikkas. If all of hip hop was on some conscious shyt the hood would still be shytty as fukk and the schools would still be worthless shytholes nikka.

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
You're making a anti-Hip Hop thread on a website dedicated to Hip Hop
Cyfk9NM.png

Take this shyt to st0rmfr0nt