BREAKING: No Murder Charges Filed in Execution of Breonna Taylor

Virtuous_Brotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Because they’re saying it in a way to try and justify the cops’ misconduct. It’s not the whole story and it frames what happened as if the victims are to blame.

Under Kentucky state law you’re allowed to use deadly force against someone breaking into your home unless they’ve identified themselves as police officers, which they didn’t do here (and the cops were explicitly told to announce their presence; instead they lied about it).
I don't think it is necessarily always to to justify the tragedy that resulted in this case though. Nobody here is saying the boyfriend should be locked up for shooting (presuming the deadly force was justified) but how do we see it being feasible for murder charges to be brought on the cops for returning fire? Even if a decision was made to charge it seems it would just be a tactic to keep people quiet by delaying the inevitable of the cops beating the case.

Tha_Mac

and this is Life As Tha Mac
Daps

Daniel Cameron got that same smug/smirk on his face that them white republicans have on these news shows. I thought it was just a white thing but obviously it's a republican a$$hole thing. And it least to me it seemed like Cameron took pleasure in that press conference announcing that they would not be bring charges to the cops for killing Breonna. His smugness just seemed like he was enjoying it :scust:

Tha_Mac

Daps

There's no way that police officers should be able to delete the footage on their bodycams without immediately being fired. And it should be permitted that when a police officer arrives for their shift their bodycams are turned on. And cannot be turned off for ANY reason until they clock out of their shift for the day/night.

A rule or law like that can't be that hard to go into effect in 2020 in the United States of America :aicmon:

Last edited:

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC
There's no way that police officers should be able to delete the footage on their bodycams without immediately being fired. And it should be permitted that when a police officer arrives for their shift their bodycam are turned on. And cannot be turned off for ANY reason until they clock out of their shift for the day/night.

A rule or law like that can't be that hard to go into effect in 2020 in the United States of America :aicmon:

"The video footage begins at the point that area patrol officers arrive at the location," he said. "Therefore, the sequence of events from March 13 had to be pieced together through evidence — 911 calls, police radio traffic, and interviews."

Are they claiming that these are camera's from other officers arriving on the scene?

Is the footage supposed to be after all of the shooting was over?

taker597

Superstar
Daps
"The video footage begins at the point that area patrol officers arrive at the location," he said. "Therefore, the sequence of events from March 13 had to be pieced together through evidence — 911 calls, police radio traffic, and interviews."

Are they claiming that these are camera's from other officers arriving on the scene?

Can someone explain me why there aren't body cameras when excerising an after midnight raid with only 3 officers anyways. I don't see white people getting handed after midnight search warrants. Where is the accountability?

Tha_Mac

Daps

I think it is because it seems the arriving officers are trying to move the cop that got hit by Breonna's boyfriend to higher ground or to the trunk. But to what @taker597 said sending 3 cops to execute a warrant after midnight is not conducive to safety. Those officers serving the warrant should have had backup and bodycam or some kind of video surveillance.