Breaking News: Vince McMahon officially resigns from WWE/TKO amid Sex Trafficking allegations

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
I'm also not sure how a Saudi owned company would be supported by US consumers. There's a difference in buying up golfers and buying an individual company in an industry. Crown Jewel show blowback is nothing compared to being 100% owned by them

There's also the people within the company who wouldn't support being owned by the Saudis. Sami Zayn comes to mind as someone who would probably ask for his release right away if the Saudis bought WWE.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
You bring up some good points but I think at the end of the day people talk a good game about boycotting xyz company for whatever reasons but they just be pump fakin, especially folks whose whole identities are wrapped up in being fans of said companies (see: Nike, NFL, Apple, WWE, etc).
To be fair the only time I really watch WWE is PLEs, and I don't watch the Saudi shows to begin with. Would be pretty easy for me to just not watch the other PLEs as well.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Somebody said "these people don't know what they're talking about SEC ain't gonna do shyt" whatever else they rambled about

Newsflash: This brief wasn't for WSJ, Twitter, Meltzer and online fans geeked up off running through hostage gunpoint fanfic. It's to explain to governing bodies and shareholders what is happening

Vince has the power to put Stephanie, Nick, and Hunter where nobody will find them figuratively speaking. If he did the SEC would be on his head top with the feds and that investigation and since it was communicated to shareholders, every shareholder now has the ability to sue Vince/WWE for damages if shares fell and it came out the product slumped because Vince is back in power

The consequences are too large just to y'all mad one more time.
Thinking Vince is gonna take over everything again is naive, I agree. But in May-June, when business always takes a hit, it's not out of the question that Vince puts a guy like Pritchard in charge of creative, or he puts him in charge of RAW with HHH as his "boss". Or Kevin Dunn goes back to having a fukk ton of power. I don't see why the SEC would be in Vince's ass in that case and that's why him being back is "dangerous" for the company in terms of the product they are gonna put out in 2023, which is what most fans talk about, not about the future of WWE's business.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
There's also the people within the company who wouldn't support being owned by the Saudis. Sami Zayn comes to mind as someone who would probably ask for his release right away if the Saudis bought WWE.
I guarantee you Kevin Owens would ask to be released. No way in hell is he going to work for a company owned by Saudi Arabia when his best friend - Sami Zayn - is Syrian and is forbidden by Saudi law from working in Saudi Arabia.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
This is bigger than some creative. This is 5+BILLIONS on the line. The day to day booking of his product is the least of his worries right now. 9x out of 10, NBCUniversal is going to be the buyers being that they already are licensing the content on Peacock and RAW is on USA.

Not just that but if NBC buys WWE than they no longer have to pay the rights fees and live TV in your stable is a big deal.

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
lmao @ y’all wanting the Saudis to buy WWE so it could fold

The amount of posters who want WWE in the dirt with a tombstone over it is sick business

:dead:

I knew y’all hated WWE but Jesus Christ… that much!?

WWE dying would be terrible for wrestling

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
You see it fam. Don’t act like you don’t

:sas1:

We not doing this today Eric. We not. Let’s shake hands and be friends b. Do it now, nikka!

*extends hand*

Let's say this... me personally.. i don't believe at all that Vince will stay out of day-to-day operations... as someone who does invest.. i can tell u the SEC is not what some are portraying here.. they are pushovers most of the time. That's real. And he'd just have Hunter stay on as the head of creative anyway and be the puppetmaster.

So yeah.. i'm gonna laugh about that. i'm gonna laugh about the Saudis too.. but do i want WWE to be bad or for them to be sold to the Saudis? No way.. i don't want anything that i enjoy to be controlled by the Saudis.

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
Let's say this... me personally.. i don't believe at all that Vince will stay out of day-to-day operations... as someone who does invest.. i can tell u the SEC is not what some are portraying here.. they are pushovers most of the time. That's real. And he'd just have Hunter stay on as the head of creative anyway and be the puppetmaster.

So yeah.. i'm gonna laugh about that. i'm gonna laugh about the Saudis too.. but do i want WWE to be bad or for them to be sold to the Saudis? No way.. i don't want anything that i enjoy to be controlled by the Saudis.
But did you shake my hand?

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
But did you shake my hand?

shake-hand.gif