Breaking News: Sony looking to buy Konami Projects outright!!!*majorrumor

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
Why the fukk would Konami sell their most precious IPs? :what:

They might not make the games anymore but they still make a lot of money from pachinko which is based on those IPs. Not to mention Netflix Castlevania where they also make money.

I understand licensing them to Sony but selling them outright will be one of the dumbest business decisions ever made.

For all intents and purposes Konami is out of the console gaming market. Forget which 10K it was but they said they are leaning heavy into pachinko and amusement gaming. Wouldn’t be surprised if they’re lobbying hard for those new jap gambling laws as well.

Konami could sell off the console gaming rights while fully retaining the IP for merchandising and etc. why not let Sony take the risk of game development and reap the benefits of Sony’s hard work?

If true I just hope the Castlevania reboot doesn’t overlap with a Bloodborne sequel.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Yeah, I don't want Bomberman locked down to one system. I just want Konami to not be bytches and use their Hudson licenses

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Damn if Sony bought Castlevania and hired Platinum Games to make it:blessed::blessed::blessed::blessed:

But I know that ain’t happening :shaq2:
From software is the only developers with the talent to do castlevania justice.

Dark souls is literally symphony of the night in 3d.

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
From software is the only developers with the talent to do castlevania justice.

Dark souls is literally symphony of the night in 3d.
I dunno, cuh. It's clear from all the associated media with Castlevania that they want to be seen as having a flashier kind of combat in their stories - I was watching the animation just yesterday and even with their rudimentary animation, they went out of their way to make the battles big. I'd honestly say Team Ninja would be a better choice than From to do Castlevania in every sense but the level design. There's levels of weird, and From has their niche bumped up against the eldritch, but going straight demonology and other dark-fantasy tropes, I'd definitely give the Nioh folks that edge.

That being said, Platinum would fukking crush a Castlevania game. They would bat that bytch out of the park and clear into the next county, given the opportunity and no looming oversight. And I bet a bunch of their team would love to do that with Sony simply as payback for what happened with Scalebound. How bitter would Microsoft be to watch a Sony-exclusive Platinum title with that kind of license just blow the fukk up? Bet they'd suddenly want to talk to Platinum about next gen real quick.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
I dunno, cuh. It's clear from all the associated media with Castlevania that they want to be seen as having a flashier kind of combat in their stories - I was watching the animation just yesterday and even with their rudimentary animation, they went out of their way to make the battles big. I'd honestly say Team Ninja would be a better choice than From to do Castlevania in every sense but the level design. There's levels of weird, and From has their niche bumped up against the eldritch, but going straight demonology and other dark-fantasy tropes, I'd definitely give the Nioh folks that edge.

That being said, Platinum would fukking crush a Castlevania game. They would bat that bytch out of the park and clear into the next county, given the opportunity and no looming oversight. And I bet a bunch of their team would love to do that with Sony simply as payback for what happened with Scalebound. How bitter would Microsoft be to watch a Sony-exclusive Platinum title with that kind of license just blow the fukk up? Bet they'd suddenly want to talk to Platinum about next gen real quick.
It depends on what kinda castlevania game you want.

If you like the hack and slash style of lords of shadow, then you'd probably prefer a game by platinum.

I prefer the slower paced reaction based gameplay of symphony of the night and the gba/ds games.

Souls series, bloodborne in particular, is exactly how I picture that classic metroidvania style to play in 3d.