BREAKING NEWS: DAME DOLLAR Lillard Traded To Bucks!!! DominAYTON & Jrue To Blazers!

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
What you're talking about doesn't have anything to do with what I said :mjlol:

If other small market teams even more smaller than Portland could swing for the fences, then there was no reason why they couldn't ever do so either.
im not talking about the size of the market

im literally talking about the mindset of the people there :mjlol: they not about winning shyt out there like that

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
im not talking about the size of the market

im literally talking about the mindset of the people there :mjlol: they not about winning shyt out there like that
If that's the logic you want to go by, then Dame was well within his right to ask out :yeshrug:

Him being loyal was never a problem at all as Beal essentially did the same thing, he just set himself up for slander by being too vocal about it not realizing he would potentially end up in the same situation as his peers.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Lopez
Giannis
Middleton
Connaughton
Lillard

Lopez
Portis
Crowder
Beasley
Dragic

Guard rotation is weak, but it's cruise control to 55 wins.
Not enough offense off the bench and Connaughton can't start as that backcourt would be food on defense. They should give Beauchamp more run this year and see what he can do.

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You're proving my point without realizing it :mjlol:

They didn't try to go after big names. Hell, they didn't even go after semi big names That's my entire point. They were a playoff team for years, yet never even tried to take the next level in going after a big name to put themselves up there with the elites. That was one of the biggest complaints about them. They wanted two first round picks to move up to to draft Zach Collins when they could have used those picks to go after a more ready player. They gave up two picks to go after Robert Covington of all people when they could have been used elsewhere.

Milwaukee did everything that they could to put a contender around Giannis. NO did the same thing with AD or at least tried, so the narrative that Portland couldn't try and do it either is complete bullshyt. You're acting as if we haven't seen other small market teams like Cleveland (even after Bron left) and NO swing for the fences to keep their star player happy.

If your star player actually wants to stay and be there, then that's on you to try everything in your power to put a contending team around them, which is what Milwaukee has done twice and all done Giannis tenure.
I asked what swing they couldve taken and you gave me K. Love. Unless you got more than that, you aint got nothing. I am not defending Portland. I am not defending Dame either. If you dont think they are trying why keep commiting to them? Thats what allows small market BS

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Dame didn't make anything personal with Portland. The Blazers had a decade to give him a team to work with and he never even had one single all-star player on that roster after LA was gone by like year 2 or 3 of his career. Not one all-star that whole time.

It's a miracle the Blazers won as many games and had as many playoff moments as they did.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I asked what swing they couldve taken and you gave me K. Love. Unless you got more than that, you aint got nothing. I am not defending Portland. I am not defending Dame either. If you dont think they are trying why keep commiting to them? Thats what allows small market BS
Because not every player has interest in a big market team contrary to popular belief like Giannis and even Beal to a certain extent for example. Giannis has always wanted to stay in Milwaukee and not go elsewhere, so he kept his foot in Milwaukee's next and essentially forced them to take swing trades like Jrue and Dame even with them being a #1 seed during those years.

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Because not every player has interest in a big market team contrary to popular belief like Giannis and even Beal to a certain extent for example. Giannis has always wanted to stay in Milwaukee and not go elsewhere, so he kept his foot in Milwaukee's next and essentially forced them to take swing trades like Jrue and Dame even with them being a #1 seed during those years.
Where did I mention going to a big market in the post you just quoted? Why commit to a place you dont feel is doing right by you?

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
If that's the logic you want to go by, then Dame was well within his right to ask out :yeshrug:

Him being loyal was never a problem at all as Beal essentially did the same thing, he just set himself up for slander by being too vocal about it not realizing he would potentially end up in the same situation as his peers.
He knew that he wasn't going to win shyt in Portland. It was just his ego. KD literally laughed at CJ on his podcast stating that those guys were never going to win whether he came to Portland or not and everyone knew he was right. Dude was trying to frame himself like Giannis while the Bucks were a player away in a diluted East.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Lopez
Giannis
Middleton
Connaughton
Lillard

Lopez
Portis
Crowder
Beasley
Dragic

Guard rotation is weak, but it's cruise control to 55 wins.
Dragic is a free agent

They have some young guards I’ve never heard of and TyTy Washington on a two way. AJ Green got minutes last year.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Where did I mention going to a big market in the post you just quoted? Why commit to a place you dont feel is doing right by you?
Because of loyalty that Dame constantly preached.

Dame wasn't wrong for feeling that way and being loyal to the organization even when they didn't always show it in return. He just fukked up by shytting on his peers for not doing the same to only end up feeling the same frustrations that they did and eventually wanting out.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Because of loyalty that Dame constantly preached.

Dame wasn't wrong for feeling that way and being loyal to the organization even when they didn't always show it in return. He just fukked up by shytting on his peers for not doing the same to only end up feeling the same frustrations that they did and eventually wanting out.

Well it ain't like he was taking discounts breh :heh: That money had something to do with it too. They never hesitated to pay him. Dame had to learn shyt the hard way just like KD...it's easy to talk that shyt when you ain't been through shyt. No matter the market size, if you just take keep blindly taking the money that's all you guarantee yourself. You run the risk of being tethered to a bad situation. Now obviously $400 mil or whatever ain't a bad exchange (shiiiiit I'd take it :heh:) but when you keep taking that you can't cry about the team doing you wrong.

Frump

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’ve had enough of seeing the takes of Jrue being better than Dame somehow. I’ve never seen a player get so much hype out of nowhere like Holiday. You’d think dudes Scottie Pippen.

He’s a nice player but he’s NOT Dame. The idea Holiday is better then a top 75-100 player of all time is absurd

I’m not even the biggest Dame fan I don’t think he was ever good enough to be the best player on a title team but now he doesn’t have to be.

Yeah they lose some on defense but they also gain a generational scorer to go with Giannis. Good luck stopping that