BREAKING NEWS: DAME DOLLAR Lillard Traded To Bucks!!! DominAYTON & Jrue To Blazers!

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I don't know what fantasy world you're living in but the media has been trying to get Dame out of Portland and to LA for several years. The media has been talking about Dame wasting his time in Portland for years to the point where he had to comment on it. It became his "brand." It was even reported that he was going to wait to see what Portland would do with the draft pick and if they could package it get another player in there next to him that would allow them to contend. He was even asked to sit down so they could tank for that purpose. They then went and drafted Scoot at his position and had no intention of trading him. This is like saying Kobe Bryant didn't tell the Lakers to get him help behind the scenes for years before finally requesting that trade publicly.

Portland basically kept stating that Dame hasn't asked for a trade and they intend to keep him despite all of the communications behind the scenes that he wants an opportunity to win. Dude said what GIannis said publicly this week on multiple occasions and they did nothing. Dame literally went silent on his trade demand after the initial complaints to the point people were wondering what the heck Portland was doing. This is the longest it has taken to trade a player who has asked for a trade at any point in recent history b. He's literally the only star to request a trade in the past decade and not end up where he wants to go besides Kawhi out of the Spurs' spite (they also took a worse package).

Three first round picks. Ayton, one of the Heat young players and other potential filler is better than an old Jrue, Ayton and mediocre draft compensation. Jrue doesn't even make sense on their team the way a guy like Jovic would given timeline. This is the only place I've seen anyone try to back Portland.
You’re proving my point. Dame didn’t have to say that he wanted out when the media was going to help do it for him, so there was no reason for him. He could have kept quiet all this time like Beal did even while remaining loyal until he finally wanted out and ended up where he wanted to go. He could have did exactly what Beal did and saved himself the hassle instead of dropping subliminals every chance he got.

He fukked up doing the interview where he mentioned Miami and then tried to force his way there when he finally did say he say he wanted out. Once he put that trade request out there, there was no way he could go back to Portland as everyone including himself knew that relationship was over.

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto

Cronin a bytch

"If you guys can't trade me to the only team I want to be traded then I'll come back"

"Nah we good Dolla"

Dame;

dis-belief-surprised.gif

That's like asking your girl to break-up then saying nah. Like what were you expecting? Cronin did the right thing.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
"If you guys can't trade me to the only team I want to be traded then I'll come back"

"Nah we good Dolla"

Dame;

dis-belief-surprised.gif

That's like asking your girl to break-up then saying nah. Like what were you expecting? Cronin did the right thing.
Cronin was gonna trade Dame no matter what. He just didn't like the terms from Dame which was Miami or bust

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Boston gets: Jrue
LAC gets: Malcolm Brogdon, Robert Williams
Portland gets: Marcus Morris, Zubac, 3 2nd round picks (Boston)

Robert Williams has never rlly moved the needle much when it mattered most for me. So between him and Al (for salary matching purposes) I think he should go.

Clippers get better with this trade

Portland does it b/c Marcus morris is expiring & Zubac is a serviceable back up C with a tradeable contract @ under 12 mil and expiring next year

There's no way this is the best Portland gets for Jrue. :mjlol: :mjlol: :mjlol:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Cats mentioning shyt from way back when AD was a Pelican :dead:

That Portland team lacked size, and had little to no ball movement, team was a shyttier version of Golden State. You cannot double Dame playing with Giannis getting everything at the rim.
Mans compared Portland to golden state lmaoo GS was never under any circumstance anything like Portland even on their worst day :mjlol:
That's kinda why I said a shyttier version, they lacked the size but they didn't make up for it with ball movement like GS has done.

Golden State had fantastic size/defense at the 2/3 and a DPOY big. Before KD they had a second All-Defensive big, and after KD they had a 7-footer with reach playing forward. This comparison makes no sense.

Portland's lack of size and defense at the 2 was one of their greatest weaknesses, and they didn't have a Draymond to clean up after everyone either.

Unbothered

ELEVATING to HIGHER LEVELS with POSITIVE VIBES ✨
Daps
Reppin
'Cuse, New York
Giannis has to be happy as hell because the Bucks were never really in contention for the Dame stakes until these last few days. I know Dame said that he wouldn't stay or play anyway but Miami, I believe he would stay in Milwaukee as long as Giannis is there which I think is pretty much a guarantee.

The Heat wound up having a terrible/mid-offseason, Heat fans downplaying but they are going to miss Vincent and Strus more than they'd like to believe.

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
Giannis has to be happy as hell because the Bucks were never really in contention for the Dame stakes until these last few days. I know Dame said that he wouldn't stay or play anyway but Miami, I believe he would stay in Milwaukee as long as Giannis is there which I think is pretty much a guarantee.

The Heat wound up having a terrible/mid-offseason, Heat fans downplaying but they are going to miss Vincent and Strus more than they'd like to believe.
Lol.

DoubleJ13

Smooth sailing from here on out...
Daps
Reppin
Thunder/TSC
I'm still not sure what the plan was for Dame if he was so hellbent on Miami.

He had absolutely zero leverage & for some reason thought the best play was to be loud as hell. He probably gets to Miami at the end if he kept it behind the scenes & told his dumbass agent to shut up.

C-Styles

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Windy City
You can see this 2 ways, 1 would be that the owner was in his feels and let emotions get in the way of business with Dame OR He's taking a stand and not letting a player dictate how he runs his team and other owners out there will follow suit eventually on how to handle players that force trades and are all over the media with it :yeshrug:

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm still not sure what the plan was for Dame if he was so hellbent on Miami.

He had absolutely zero leverage & for some reason thought the best play was to be loud as hell. He probably gets to Miami at the end if he kept it behind the scenes & told his dumbass agent to shut up.

They were too blatant and heavy-handed with it

Case in point everybody knew KD wanted to go to Phoenix when he asked for a trade, but his agent wasn’t going behind the scenes threatening other teams that he wouldn’t report to them if they traded for him. Nor was he putting out statements about how he only wanted to go to Phoenix