BREAKING: Florida Textbooks are removing race from why Rosa Parks was arrested or references to racism in "black codes" during jim crow

that guy

Superstar
Daps
Home and school are two separate spaces that get conflated when it comes to education. I’m not saying that kids shouldn’t be learning at home.

I’m saying that a free and public education is something we as tax payers pay into and have a right to demand a curriculum that is accessible and inclusive for all.

The privatization of education at home isn’t even what’s at stake here.
The power of public education as a mechanism for social change and a major driver of the collective consciousness of our country is what’s on the line. Public education is a huge social change mechanism and as such, dismissing concerns about our public education system being co-opted by racist regimes is more than cause for concern. And the solution isn’t just to do what you do in your own personal homes. It’s never been that simple or they wouldn’t be making moves in education to dismantle it in these ways.
This sound like you’re quoting a movie or something. Do you not realize just how bad most predominately black public schools are? :gucci:

You’re acting like black children are going to school to become the next Fred Hampton and not just going to school to socialize.

Your children should depend on the public school system for reading math and science. Everything else should be taught at home.

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
We’re not talking about a socialization we’re talking about academic education. You’re intervening into a discussion and aren’t even using the correct terminology.

How are black parents not equipped to teach history at home? You literally buy a black history book and read to your child. :gucci:
No he understood EXACTLY what I was getting at. I thought I was clear about education as a social mechanism of indoctrination and why it’s important that we don’t just all give up on public education in lieu “read to em at the crib” attempts to justify passively rolling over and allowing racist regimes to go to these types of lengths.

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
This sound like you’re quoting a movie or something. Do you not realize just how bad most predominately black public schools are? :gucci:

You’re acting like black children are going to school to become the next Fred Hampton and not just going to school to socialize.

Your children should depend on the public school system for reading math and science. Everything else should be taught at home.
Sir. I won’t overshare but this is literally my field of research.
You need to do some more reading about the impact of public schools before you go parroting stereotypes and undermining its importance.
Edit: I’m not even trying to be an a$$hole because this is a common, yet misguided refrain.

Everything you just said based on very outdated perspective. We left behind the idea that school was only about academic content with the establishment of FAPE and a series of lawsuits in the 70s. An education is not just reading, math and science. Never has been. It’s a tool of societal transformation and what happens or doesn’t happen in these institutions drives MAJOR issues in our society. The scope of which can’t merely be addressed within the private sector or the home.

Last edited:

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
@Booksnrain is not being contradictory at all, you're failing to recognize that the school system is one of the top social institutions in our society.

So much so that it's actually disruptive to what children are taught at home.

And as @Booksnrain mentioned most parents are NOT equipped to teach history at home. But honestly that's inconsequential to what the purpose of removing black history from the classroom is. This is solely for the long term purpose of indoctrination since the republican party has a growing youth problem

Screenshot-2023-05-10-at-9-05-41-PM.png
Thank you. Not only are parents not equipped, but our society isn’t equipped to sustain the level of instructional hours children need to gain proficiency in critical content areas. Most people would agree that it takes 2 incomes to survive in today’s shytty economy. If everyone is working, when would adults even have the time?
Not to mention, it takes knowledge of pedagogy and a wide range of content knowledge or at least time to learn the content and instructional strategies. But when everyone is working to make ends meet, where does the instruction come in?

With this reality, there is no excuse for us as citizens to PAY TAXES AND PAY INTO A FUKKING SYSTEM THAT IS BEING USED TO PUSH WHITE SUPREMACIST INDOCTRINATION TO THE MASSES.

Sure it’s important to read at home and for parents to be involved with their kids. Great!
But that is NOT a substitution for a sound curriculum provided by highly qualified instructors who know how to help kids make critical connections between academic content and children’s own communities and experiences.

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
We need your school more than ever Doc :sadcam:

Please get the HVAC fixed so you can teach our boys:mjcry:

Grand Opening. August 2050

People clown him but in theory, his idea is exactly what is needed.

I don’t know much about what barriers he has been struggling with in his endeavor but I really hope he can pull through.

skylove4

Veteran
Daps
The point is white people are racist. They always were and they always will be. Black people need to stop being solely reactionary to racism. Y’all make reactionary threads about white people being racist everyday like it’s the first racist thing they’ve ever done.

My goal when I have kids is to send them to school to learn math and science. I will teach them about black history and white supremacy because that’s my job, not the governments.

Your solution is to beg democrats to stop the republicans from teaching white kids in school what they already learned at home. Let that sink in.
How in hell is this terrible poster whose clearly an agent not in the red:dahell:

General Mills

More often than not I tend to take that L.
Daps
Reppin
Piffsburgh, PA
People clown him but in theory, his idea is exactly what is needed.

I don’t know much about what barriers he has been struggling with in his endeavor but I really hope he can pull through.
I think we can all agree that the idea is awesome. The clowning is warranted when you have collected money from the Black Community since 2010 for a school and not ONE black boy has been taught anything.

At that point it goes beyond struggling into scamming territory. Week in week out he asks and brings in donations. He could have started small. He could have done a online academy or courses. He could have rented a space until his building was ready. ETC. All he does is go on the lecture circuit, call black people c00ns, and beg for money. The clowning is very much needed at this point.

that guy

Superstar
Daps
Sir. I won’t overshare but this is literally my field of research.
You need to do some more reading about the impact of public schools before you go parroting stereotypes and undermining its importance.
Edit: I’m not even trying to be an a$$hole because this is a common, yet misguided refrain.

Everything you just said based on very outdated perspective. We left behind the idea that school was only about academic content with the establishment of FAPE and a series of lawsuits in the 70s. An education is not just reading, math and science. Never has been. It’s a tool of societal transformation and what happens or doesn’t happen in these institutions drives MAJOR issues in our society. The scope of which can’t merely be addressed within the private sector or the home.
The low quality of education in predominantly black public schools is a well known fact not a stereotype. If this is your field of research then you’re not doing your job.

I never said school was only about reading, math, and science. Your reading to respond and not for comprehension.

You’re exactly right with the bolded. The lack of education in public schools is exactly a part of the reason of why the black community is in the state it is in. Which is why black people need to educate our own children when it comes to history and racism.

No amount of voting in the country will give a black child a accurate and comprehensive perspective on white supremacy and racism. They will never allow a black child to learn about systemic racism the same way they teach about the holocaust. If you as a parent don’t teach them or put your child in front of someone who can, then they’ll never learn.

that guy

Superstar
Daps
No he understood EXACTLY what I was getting at. I thought I was clear about education as a social mechanism of indoctrination and why it’s important that we don’t just all give up on public education in lieu “read to em at the crib” attempts to justify passively rolling over and allowing racist regimes to go to these types of lengths.
Nobody said to give up on public education. You should not depend on the government of the United States of America to educate your child on black American history. That shouldn’t be a controversial statement.

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
Yeah
..this can't be let go as a non-issue.
This is distortion of history...erasure of Black history.
Any pragmatist, historian, or expert on fascism would see this move as a pretext to genocide.

In the mind of these fascists, if you can erase black people out of the history books completely, if you you can erase slavery, you could erase holidays like juneteenth and MLK day (they can do anything to make white people look like the heroes and black people look like the villains) then it serves as a purpose to dehumanize black people before the final blow is dealt.

DeSantis and his violent brand of fascism is hell bent on destroying and erasing black people from American history. This is fascism, first and foremost. And best believe if he ever becomes President, he'll do this to every institution of education in America as part of his anti-woke campaign.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
The better question you need to ask yourself is what oppressed group that you mentioned ie the Jews, native Americans, Tutsis and on and on WANT the same people that oppressed them to educate their children on their own oppression. Do Jewish people send their children to nazi schools and complain that nazis don’t teach accurate holocaust history?

Black history is not going to be taught in schools in which the curriculum is controlled and designed by white people. White Americans are an oppression class, not our equals. We are the only people on the planet that don’t actually see our oppressors for what they are despite having the longest sustained system of inequality.
@Loose dap this :mjlol: