BREAKING: FBI Arrests Two Men For The Murder of Jam Master Jay: Update: Both Found Guilty

Stick Up Kid

Veteran
WOAT
Daps
Reppin
Newark NJ

Bolzmark

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
I still can’t believe JMJ got himself involved in the drug game. Very disappointing. It’s one thing when you’re in the hood, backs against the wall, and no other way of gettin bread. JMJ is from the first internationally known rap act. Making millions. And he had to go back into the streets? :snoop:

morris

Superstar
Daps
F
I still can’t believe JMJ got himself involved in the drug game. Very disappointing. It’s one thing when you’re in the hood, backs against the wall, and no other way of gettin bread. JMJ is from the first internationally known rap act. Making millions. And he had to go back into the streets? :snoop:
Friends, family, and personal ambitions will do it to you.

Plus he wasn't always touring and when he was that money was split

Krazy

Rifle weh taller dan palm tree
Daps
Reppin
Judgement Yard
It’s never that black and white.

360dagod

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SAN ANTONIO SPURS NY DIVISION

He owed 500k in taxes...

He never got royalties while in Run-DMC..

In saying that...

Jamaster could have made a killing on the touring DJ circuit to at least keep himself afloat..

But that man really decided to ignore the issue tho, so he gotta take the L

Bolzmark

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
It’s never that black and white.
Mmmm…isn’t it though? Run DMC been gettin money since before a lot of dudes on this board were even born. Yes sh!t happens. You lose money. But going to the streets to be a drug dealer is a crazy act of desperation. Just shocking that it came to that for JMJ.

DeuceZ

Li pitit gason
Daps
Reppin
3rd Rock From the Sun

From the documentary i watched he wasnt really making millions and the money he was making he was supporting ALOT of ppl. Sad story

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Drug game can be really complicated.

Sometimes it's so easy, Make 10k for 10 phone calls and 10 minutes, or 50k. Then you end up murdered in your own studio. You get jacked, and owe a supplier, so you go to a third party to try and make it right. It gets really deep, really fast. I have seen some shyt.

I have seen people have some flunky use their house to stash bricks, then steal the bricks, and make him come up with payment. It can be vicious.

People like JMJ are well positioned to be middle men, in between streets and higher level connects, in those circles, it's always on, if you have a connect and can deliver, but it's always treacherous.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Mmmm…isn’t it though? Run DMC been gettin money since before a lot of dudes on this board were even born. Yes sh!t happens. You lose money. But going to the streets to be a drug dealer is a crazy act of desperation. Just shocking that it came to that for JMJ.
Nah he wasn't.. Run and DMC basically didn't pay him shyt and he didn't have any writing or producing credits on those albums either until 1990 when they fizzled out. They just paid him a flat fee. Maybe he could have been touring as a DJ, but I doubt that he wasn't already, it just wasn't paying like that.

Now take a few bands and buy coke and then pass it to your man to sell, that's an "easy" job. IF you dealing with stand up guys who would do business, give back your money, and not snitch if caught... Problem was, shyt went another way.

Everybody wants to be a dealer when they see the easy money. They always ignore the worst that can happen

Child_Of_God

Love is a long road.
Daps
Reppin
Washington D.C.
I heard from somewhere that that he went broke during the 90’s.