BREAKING: Dan Campbell under investigation for game-fixing...colibrehs coppin pleas

Braman

Superstar
Daps
Why shyt on them for a philosophy that got them this far?

This reoccurring excuse is what’s driving me insane

That philosophy got them to overachieve when they were a middling talent team.

However, 2 years later…. Hutchinson, McNeill, Gibbs, Montgomery, LaPorta, Jamo, Branch…”the philosophy” ain’t what got them here, hitting the jackpot on talent in the draft got you here. They aren’t a middling talent team, they are a top 5 talented team in the league. Plenty of people projected them to get his far and it wasn’t bc ‘oh shyt, they be playing gutsy’

Adapt. It’s like a 6’6 6 cert 6 figure breh still cold approach groveling over women. Like bruh you know you ain’t gotta do all that right :heh:

And then this ngga said ‘this may have been our last shot’ whaaaat. He has a poverty mind state.

Last edited:

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This reoccurring excuse is what’s driving me insane

That philosophy got them to overachieve when they were a middling talent team.

However, 2 years later…. Hutchinson, McNeill, Gibbs, Montgomery, LaPorta, Jamo, Branch…”the philosophy” ain’t what got them here, hitting the jackpot on talent in the draft got you here. They aren’t a middling talent team, they are a top 5 talented team in the league. Plenty of people projected them to get his far and it wasn’t bc ‘oh shyt, they be playing gutsy’

Adapt. It’s like a 6’6 6 cert 6 figure breh still cold approach groveling over women. Like bruh you know you ain’t gotta do all that right :heh:

And then this ngga said ‘this may have been our last shot’ whaaaat. He got a poverty mind state.

Yea that’s dumb. Regular season is one thing, the playoffs are completely different.

Fool could have gone up 3 possessions with a routine kick twice and opted for a lower percentage play. They fell apart right after.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
I’m flabbergasted by the number of people here who don’t understand the concept of going up multiples of scores.

In the 2nd half after the 49ers kicked a fg they went from being down 3 scores (17 points) to only 2 scores (14 points). In the ensuing Lions drive they had the opportunity to kick a fg and go up 3 scores (17 points) or continue to try for a TD and go up……………..3 scores (21 points). In the 2nd half the number of points needed to score starts to matter less than the total number of times you need to score overall. That’s why you kick the FG and push the lead back up to 3 scores. Whether the Lions scored a FG or a TD, the 49ers would have had the same approach to the remainder of the game!

Doing that changes the entire mood of the opposing coaches, players, and fans. It’s a back breaker. Failing that 4th down conversion gives the other team life and demoralizes your own team.

If your kicker can’t make a kick from inside the 30 yard line then you fukked up from the jump and we don’t even need to discuss this because you weren’t winning a title anyway.

One other thing Lions fans. Yeah you may think you are on the upswing but as a Falcons fan let me tell you, if your OC leaves and you don’t have anyone who can run that offense just like him, you are fukked. When Kyle Shanahan left us after we choked in the SB we were finished. We didn’t have anyone who could run that offense and we fell apart.

Last edited:

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I’m flabbergasted by the number of people here who don’t understand the concept of going up multiples of scores.

In the 2nd half after the 49ers kicked a fg they went from being down 3 scores (17 points) to only 2 scores (14 points). In the ensuing Lions drive they had the opportunity to kick a fg and go up 3 scores (17 points) or continue to try for a TD and go up……………..3 scores (21 points). In the 2nd half the number of points needed to score starts to matter less than the total number of times you need to score overall. That’s why you kick the FG and push the lead back up to 3 scores.

Doing that changes the entire mood of the opposing coaches, players, and fans. It’s a back breaker. Failing that 4th down conversion gives the other team life and demoralizes your own team.

If your kicker can’t make a kick from inside the 30 yard line then you fukked up from the jump and we don’t even need to discuss this because you weren’t winning a title anyway.

Exactly. A lot of casuals in here. You put more pressure on your opponent needing 3 possessions rather than 2. Just an idiotic move by him. On top of that the 9ers kicker already missed a kick so it forces them to start overthinking as well. Down 2 scores? Doable. 3 in the 2nd half? Much harder.

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Disagree.. Dan Campbell preaches scraping and clawing and doing whatever you gotta do cause he trusts his team to get it done. They're the underdogs so they gotta make the most of their situations. That's the way they play, that's the culture.

The mentality being "we won't go quietly and with a whimper". Now whether that's always a great strategy, no strategy is.. but that's their current culture

If you're up 14 points with a chance to make it 17 you're not the underdog in that game. Throw all that out the window and play smart. There's no scraping and clawing if you're up 17. Why are you gambling like you're losing the game and need 7? You're in the driver's seat and all you have to do is maintain momentum. You've been running the ball with high success so going up 3 scores enables to you to keep running while putting pressure on them to play fast. They become one dimensional and there's more chances they make a mistake.

On the road in the playoffs you cannot lose your momentum because once something bad happens you start falling apart from the pressure. The Lions haven't been there before so as a coach you need to take that into consideration.

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Yea that’s dumb. Regular season is one thing, the playoffs are completely different.

Fool could have gone up 3 possessions with a routine kick twice and opted for a lower percentage play. They fell apart right after.
I agree, talented roster don’t mean shyt, if the coaches calling bone head plays. We see this type of stuff year in and out when teams with talented rosters self destruct in the playoffs.

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD

In the 2nd half after the 49ers kicked a fg they went from being down 3 scores (17 points) to only 2 scores (14 points). In the ensuing Lions drive they had the opportunity to kick a fg and go up 3 scores (17 points) or continue to try for a TD and go up……………..3 scores (21 points). In the 2nd half the number of points needed to score starts to matter less than the total number of times you need to score overall. That’s why you kick the FG and push the lead back up to 3 scores. Whether the Lions scored a FG or a TD, the 49ers would have had the same approach to the remainder of the game!

One other thing Lions fans. Yeah you may think you are on the upswing but as a Falcons fan let me tell you, if your OC leaves and you don’t have anyone who can run that offense just like him, you are fukked. When Kyle Shanahan left us after we choked in the SB we were finished. We didn’t have anyone who could run that offense and we fell apart.
It also changes how you offensively operate on ensuing possessions (i.e. run the ball to milk the clock). And the Lions have one of the best running attacks too smh. Just a real boneheaded coaching decision.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That first 4th down decision was fine. Dude dropped an open pass, what can you do. The final 4th down call was insane. I'm not opposed to going for it. But empty backfield 4th and short is insane. Utterly insane play call. That's on the OC, who it sounds like will be Washington's coach next year. I thought we got way too cute in that second half. Multiple trick plays, veering away from the run at bad times....just a clinic of bad decisions.

End of the day guys gotta catch open balls. And make open field tackles. I'm not giving Campbell all or most of the blame.
That run at the end which cost them a time-out is inexcusable.

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
They did and that's why you take the points on the road. Levi's sounded like a fukking funeral.....then meathead started playing Madden and that got the crowd back into the game. Thank you, Dan Campbell!

Here's a question, say the Lions scored a TD to tie the game with the extra point. You think Dan goes for it or he kicks the extra point? I think every other coach in the league kicks it. Dan, who knows?

But didn't he do some fukkery shyt against Dallas and that cost them home field advantage in the playoffs? Could have played this game at home (yes I realize the 9ers probably have their starters in and win the last game of the season and nothing changes).
Yeah at the end of the Dallas game they went for 2 which was fine but then they got a penalty for illegal man downfield or illegal touching which was a questionable call. However the refs called it and they were pushed back 10 yards. They should have just kicked the xpt and went to OT. Instead he goes for it again at the 10 yard line smh. And the man was open too but Goff under threw him.

And that saved Dan from criticism because of the questionable call and Goff’s subsequent under throw. Same way ppl are doing now with the drop.

Copy Ninja

Superstar
Daps

All of this.

You make it a 3 possession game late in the 3rd quarter, shorten the game and put pressure on the 49ers. The game management was atrocious.

You compare how Andy Reid manage the 4th quarter in the Chiefs/Ravens game and how he committed to the run to take as much time out as possible and force the Ravens to play desperate and make mental errors.