BREAKING: Dan Campbell under investigation for game-fixing...colibrehs coppin pleas

CarolinaKing

The Carolina Blueprint
Daps
Reppin
NC
Should've went for the TD to go up 21 at the half instead of kicking the FG. Should've kicked the FG to tie in the 4th quarter.

That 2nd option may not come into play if you go for it at the end of the half.

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Should've went for the TD to go up 21 at the half instead of kicking the FG. Should've kicked the FG to tie in the 4th quarter.

That 2nd option may not come into play if you go for it at the end of the half.
That was my biggest issue with Campbell - why go conservative there at the end of half? Wasn't consistent with how he played rest of the game. It doesn't make sense to kick and go from 14 to 17 at that spot and not go from 14 to 17 in the third quarter.

Stick Up Kid

Veteran
WOAT
Daps
Reppin
Newark NJ
That was probably the biggest self-inflicted meltdown I ever seen in NFL history .. dropped passes, fumbles, horrible play calling, all within 7-10 min span

Even the 28-3 comeback felt moreso Tom Brady taking over than the Falcons choking

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
That was probably the biggest self-inflicted meltdown I ever seen in NFL history .. dropped passes, fumbles, horrible play calling, all within 7-10 min span

Even the 28-3 comeback felt moreso Tom Brady taking over than the Falcons choking

That required a lot of Falcons choking. The Falcons D was gassed, but Julio Jones made an amazing catch up 28-20 to give them a new set of downs in field goal range. All Ryan had to do was not take a sack and he took two to get them out of FG range. Awful, awful choke.

Bolzmark

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
That first 4th down decision was fine. Dude dropped an open pass, what can you do. The final 4th down call was insane. I'm not opposed to going for it. But empty backfield 4th and short is insane. Utterly insane play call. That's on the OC, who it sounds like will be Washington's coach next year. I thought we got way too cute in that second half. Multiple trick plays, veering away from the run at bad times....just a clinic of bad decisions.

End of the day guys gotta catch open balls. And make open field tackles. I'm not giving Campbell all or most of the blame.
Nooo. They were up 14 points at that time. You kick a field goal and now you go up THREE scores. It's the second half so possessions are limited. The 49ers would now need three successful drives. Lets say dude did catch that ball, they got a first down, and eventually a TD. Guess what? It remains THREE scores that you go up by. They just need 3 TD's instead of 2 and a field goal. Also, when you go up three scores in the 2nd hald, the other team is going to have to start playing riskier football.

Dropped passes and missed tackles are bad no doubt. But those are mistakes made in an instant moment. Ball hits your hands, you drop it. For Campbells mistake however, he had time to do this - :jbhmm::patrice: . And still fukked up. Twice.