Breaking Bad Season 5 Official Thread

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu

Bank Info=Lab Notes from S4:ohlawd:

Chemistry/Science: With every action there's a reaction. It's been a theme the whole show. For every action Walt takes to remedy a problem, he creates a new one, even if he doesn't know it. When Walt had Gale killed, he led Hank to the notes, as you said. Nothing comes without a consequence.

Great observation that leads to a larger theme of the show in my opinion. Many examples of this type of thing occurring on the show's 4 seasons.

The volvo that Walt pulled the duffel bag out of also had Nebraska plates with the "Live Free or Die" motto on it.

New Hampshire

Walt is still 50, I guess they'll have a birthday episode this season

Yeah I was wondering if he was 51 yet. I guess not, as there's an episode this season called Fifty-One. They said the Vietnam-era M60 in the trunk will be the new "teddy bear" thing.

I'm thinking since Vince Gilligan said he waned to turn "Mr. Chips into Scarface" that he may be going literal with this flash-forward. I think Walt could be going out blazing Scarface style with the machine gun. He's at his last ride, that seems obvious.

Hank may have took the laptop. Remember how hard he was looking at it when they took it for evidence?

for all we know Walt did all for nothing except revealing a bank account that was hidden in that picture.

At the end when they were going through the evidence they found the laptop and said the screen was broken, not to mention the fact that the magnet destroyed the hard drive. Mike also confirmed via phone that the laptop was in there.

When Walt walked out of the place, the waitress said Happy Birthday Mr. Lambert. So since he had a fake ID, that could easily mean the birthday on the ID was wrong. So this scene isn't a year down the line necessarily

I think first half of season 5 finale, Hank realizes that Walt is his guy. 2nd half finale, the scene in question is revealed and Walt has somekind of showdown, leading to his death...

Agreed about the showdown. But it is a year down the line. Episode coming up is called 51. On the first episode Skylar made a 50 out of the turkey bacon for Walt. he made the 52 himself, so it's a year later.

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Agreed about the showdown. But it is a year down the line. Episode coming up is called 51. On the first episode Skylar made a 50 out of the turkey bacon for Walt. he made the 52 himself, so it's a year later.

i wonder whose gonna make the number 51 outta bacon this season :ohhh:

this show has us talkin about bacon :wow:

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
You're missing the point. Walt had no reason to spell out 52 with the bacon if it wasn't his birthday. He had no reason to tell the waitress it was his birthday if it wasn't.

Everything that happened in that flash-forward was the equivalent of what is known in literature as exposition. It was meant to give the viewer the low-down on what's happening:
-fake ID, dirty clothes, change of physical appearance = Walt is on the run
-coughing, taking medicine = cancer is back
-buying a machinegun, being depressed(look at the contrast between how Walt shytty Walt looks, acts and talks in the flashforward and how arrogant and drunk on power he is in the rest of the episode) = Walt is in deep shyt, possibly preparing for a Scarface type of last stand.

why would somebody have a fake id with their real birthday?

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
why would somebody have a fake id with their real birthday?

So you really don't believe he's 52 in that scene? They needed to show an interaction with the waitress, to show his depression, and the fact that he tipped her a 100 on a free meal to show he doesn't care anymore.

I agree it's silly, but all the other signs vastly outweigh it.

:to:

I don't like that... Makes me think at this point Jessie got laid down somewhere down the line.

shyt man, I can see it. I think at least 2 members of his family are gonna die, maybe even the baby. They're gonna go dark as hell. shyt, I could see everyone dying.

I hope Jesse lives though.

DosCadenaz

Superstar
Daps
So you really don't believe he's 52 in that scene? They needed to show an interaction with the waitress, to show his depression, and the fact that he tipped her a 100 on a free meal to show he doesn't care anymore.

I agree it's silly, but all the other signs vastly outweigh it.

shyt man, I can see it. I think at least 2 members of his family are gonna die, maybe even the baby. They're gonna go dark as hell. shyt, I could see everyone dying.

I hope Jesse lives though.

i'll be real :to: if Jesse doesn't live

Black Hans

Follow Jesus. Be Beautiful
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
John 14:6
Well the gist of the show is the father/son relationship between Walt and Jesse. The ending of the series has to wound down to those two. It's a strong possibility that Jesse could be the one who has Walt on the run and possibly kill off his family b/c of discovering that Walt poisoned the kid. He did just stop Mike from killing Walt in yesterday's episode.

Anybody ever wonder if the beginning of the fifth season is actually the end of the series and the machine gun is going to be used as the teddy bear to expand an explanation until the show explains it all in detail?

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Anybody ever wonder if the beginning of the fifth season is actually the end of the series and the machine gun is going to be used as the teddy bear to expand an explanation until the show explains it all in detail?

Absolutely. This is exactly what it is. I don't think it's a big spoiler but the cast and crew and comic con said that this would be the new Teddy Bear and that they will go back to this future plot line on several episode intros to flesh out more.

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hank may have took the laptop. Remember how hard he was looking at it when they took it for evidence?

for all we know Walt did all for nothing except revealing a bank account that was hidden in that picture.

But the laptop was in the evidence room. They talked about how the screen was cracked. I do agree with you though, Hank was looking at it pretty hard. He either had a peek or copied the drives or something.

Ku$h Parker

I'm Nothin Correctable
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Prime Minister of S.B. Westside
He is not out of his element at all, he is who he always meant to be. A bad guy, he has no reason to be restrained now, he was at one point content to play the back, but no more. Skyler, his son stanning Hank and his crap job as a teacher built up his anger and scorn, now people will feel his power.

Dont forget being fukked out of a position in a Multi Million Company

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
damn i cant believe i slept on this show for so long; gotta thank the brethrens here for putting a nikka up on this shyt.

But damn at walt's cockiness. This dude turned from a 2 bit meth cooker to a criminal mastermind in a matter of 4 years.
This dude about to turn into john lithgow's character from season 4 of dexter and keep his family hostage lol

4 years?? It hasn't even been a year yet.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
He is not out of his element at all, he is who he always meant to be. A bad guy, he has no reason to be restrained now, he was at one point content to play the back, but no more. Skyler, his son stanning Hank and his crap job as a teacher built up his anger and scorn, now people will feel his power.

Yep, I believe this now. Especially when he had a way out of the meth dealing but because of pride he throws the opportunity to escape in the bushes. White was bout dat life since the beginning.

I only hope Jessie just gets some kind of reprieve and escape the game with his life. He's been a plaything since the beginning of the series.