Breaking Bad Season 5 Official Thread

Mr. Pink

All Star
Daps
Walt is indeed 52 in the flash forward at the beginning of the episode. He spells 52 with his bacon. The same thing happens in the very first episode when Walt turns 50 with Skyler's (soy)bacon.

BamdaDon

All Star
Daps
When Walt walked out of the place, the waitress said Happy Birthday Mr. Lambert. So since he had a fake ID, that could easily mean the birthday on the ID was wrong. So this scene isn't a year down the line necessarily

I think first half of season 5 finale, Hank realizes that Walt is his guy. 2nd half finale, the scene in question is revealed and Walt has somekind of showdown, leading to his death...

Breh we in season five that Bacon scene was definitely saying he was 52. The show always has little clues to let you know the truth. it's safe to say nothing just goes away either I'm wondering how long it will be until Jesse finds out what Saul and Walt did to that kid

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
Walt will kill Ted and just go all out this year, the opening scene is 1 year later for sure, at this point i think he would have destroyed the German group, beaten the cartels and lost his family in the process, i think the showdown is with Jesse and a new group, that is why he got the chopper and not the snub nose, he wants to go in a blaze off glory, you see him still coughing so he has the cancer back.

Francis White

Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
nah walt is gassed and out of his element. been saying that since he ran up on those kids in the hardware store and it hasnt changed
He is not out of his element at all, he is who he always meant to be. A bad guy, he has no reason to be restrained now, he was at one point content to play the back, but no more. Skyler, his son stanning Hank and his crap job as a teacher built up his anger and scorn, now people will feel his power.

Black Hans

Follow Jesus. Be Beautiful
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
John 14:6
Just noticed something. In the future scene Walt's fake ID says he's from New Hampshire. The state motto of New Hampshire is "Live Free Or Die". That's also the name of the ep.

Fred.

:wow:

Yeah this show throws subliminals like that. From the teddy bear and Gus to the second season where Walt made sure that his daughter laid on her side only to make Jesse's girlfriend incidentally lay on her back and choke to death.

Francis White

Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
my hate for walt isnt coming from him being a villain. it comes from him being fukkING STUPID

god what a dumb ass

i forgive you :what:
He will kill them both, he playing Gus part now, he telling her what she wants to hear, he told Jesse and Mike that it worked because he is being a leader, a leader tells the troops he is in charge and don't question his decisions or actions. Gus was arrogant also , look at how he told Gale to be ready to take over the lab in 2 cooks when he wanted Walter dead. Also remember how he played with Hector last year, taunting him and humbling him, saw thing he doing with Sky.

The_Unchosen_One

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
St. Louis
Oh I am with ya... I'm just saying it doesn't have to be a year into the future. Sky and Jr. about to get on walt's nerves... all he wanted was to enjoy his crown for his victory and Jr just kept on going and going... if he hears the "ding" from Jr's computer for another donation to save walter white he's probably gonna snap and kill everyone

Mr. Pink

All Star
Daps
New Identity = New Birthday, so it doesn't have to be a year in the future
You're missing the point. Walt had no reason to spell out 52 with the bacon if it wasn't his birthday. He had no reason to tell the waitress it was his birthday if it wasn't.

Everything that happened in that flash-forward was the equivalent of what is known in literature as exposition. It was meant to give the viewer the low-down on what's happening:
-fake ID, dirty clothes, change of physical appearance = Walt is on the run
-coughing, taking medicine = cancer is back
-buying a machinegun, being depressed(look at the contrast between how Walt shytty Walt looks, acts and talks in the flashforward and how arrogant and drunk on power he is in the rest of the episode) = Walt is in deep shyt, possibly preparing for a Scarface type of last stand.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
You're missing the point. Walt had no reason to spell out 52 with the bacon if it wasn't his birthday. He had no reason to tell the waitress it was his birthday if it wasn't.

Everything that happened in that flash-forward was the equivalent of what is known in literature as exposition. It was meant to give the viewer the low-down on what's happening:
-fake ID, dirty clothes, change of physical appearance = Walt is on the run
-coughing, taking medicine = cancer is back
-buying a machinegun, being depressed(look at the contrast between how Walt shytty Walt looks, acts and talks in the flashforward and how arrogant and drunk on power he is in the rest of the episode) = Walt is in deep shyt, possibly preparing for a Scarface type of last stand.

:to:

I don't like that... Makes me think at this point Jessie got laid down somewhere down the line.