Breaking Bad Season 5 Official Thread

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
This show is great, but nowhere near the level of THE WIRE. You gotta be kidding me. THE WIRE - S1,S3, and S4 are superior to BB. I'm a big Breaking bad fan, but no way. Breaking Bad has a lot of subpar episodes. Plus THE WIRE has the superior Antagonists. With the exception of GUS, who on BB is touching BARKSDALE crew or Marlo?

Also the WIRE has the GOAT, supporting characters. BB has some very weak supporting characters. SKYLAR, MARIE, WALT JR.

We're talking about a series where you have supporting characters like PROP JOE, OMAR, BODIE, CARVER, LESTER "THE GOD" FREEMAN, BUNK, D'ANGELO BARKSDALE (who can be considered main character) and fukking BUBBLES! The WIRE's supporting cast shyts on most shows main cast.

BB is not on the same playing field as THE WIRE.

:why: were not having this discussion again guys

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
This show is great, but nowhere near the level of THE WIRE. You gotta be kidding me. THE WIRE - S1,S3, and S4 are superior to BB. I'm a big Breaking bad fan, but no way. Breaking Bad has a lot of subpar episodes. Plus THE WIRE has the superior Antagonists. With the exception of GUS, who on BB is touching BARKSDALE crew or Marlo? With the exception of GUS, BB has cartoon villains compared to THE WIRE.

Also the WIRE has the GOAT, supporting characters. BB has some very weak supporting characters. SKYLAR, MARIE, WALT JR.

We're talking about a series where you have supporting characters like PROP JOE, OMAR, BODIE, CARVER, LESTER "THE GOD" FREEMAN, BUNK, D'ANGELO BARKSDALE (who can be considered main character) and fukking BUBBLES! The WIRE's supporting cast shyts on most shows main cast.

BB is not on the same playing field as THE WIRE.

I don't even know what the fukk that has to do with the video link I fixed, but ok.

Despite everything you just said, "The Wire" has arguably the worst fall off in TV history with season 5. It's not what you have, it's what you do with it, and even if you could successfully argue that the individual elements of "The Wire" are better , "Breaking Bad" doesn't have a season as bad as "The Wire" season 5 was, or a story arc as bad as the fake serial killer one.

And I don't mean to you, I mean across the board. "The Wire" is widely seen as falling off with season 5. To fans, critics, whoever.

"Breaking Bad" has no such fall off, and unless they severely drop the ball with these last 8 eps, it never will.

So you can say you prefer "The Wire", which I have no problem with. It's right there with "Breaking Bad". The two are basically A1 and B1.

But to act like it's so far above "Breaking Bad" that it's some kinda inconceivable travesty to compare the two....especially after season 5, which you conveniently ignored....is bullshyt.

Fred.

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Season 5 of BB has not been on par with it's other seasons. And many would argue SEASON 1 of BB really isn't that great until eps 7 and 8. Though it was a truncated season because of the Writer's strike. BB also has weak narrative issues when it moves away from it's main character in WALTER WHITE, because it's supporting characters are pretty weak until we reach season 3, when Fring and company come to town.

And if you looking at series as whole you have to take into account individual elements and compare them to each other. BB has more weak individual episodes then THE WIRE. BB has subpar supporting characters compared to THE WIRE (that's not even debatable)

And the serial killer storyline I will give you was weak, but still overall when you compare the 2, THE WIRE is the superior show. It's overall story arc, no matter how weak season 5 may have been is made up for with the superior individual seasons it has with SEASON 3 & 4. Season 4 may be the GOAT season in TV history. BB has no season touching season 4 of THE WIRE. When you add up all seasons against each other THE WIRE wins, as it's best seasons out rank BB's.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Season 5 of BB has not been on par with it's other seasons. And many would argue SEASON 1 of BB really isn't that great until eps 7 and 8. Though it was a truncated season because of the Writer's strike. BB also has weak narrative issues when it moves away from it's main character in WALTER WHITE, because it's supporting characters are pretty weak until we reach season 3, when Fring and company come to town.

And if you looking at series as whole you have to take into account individual elements and compare them to each other. BB has more weak individual episodes then THE WIRE. BB has subpar supporting characters compared to THE WIRE (that's not even debatable)

And the serial killer storyline I will give you was weak, but still overall when you compare the 2, THE WIRE is the superior show. It's overall story arc, no matter how weak season 5 may have been is made up for with the superior individual seasons it has with SEASON 3 & 4. Season may be the GOAT season in TV history. BB has no season touching season 4 of THE WIRE. When you add up all seasons against each other THE WIRE wins, as it's best seasons out rank BB's.

Season 5 ain't been on par according to who? It got rave reviews from fans and critics.

I would put season 4 of "Breaking Bad" up against any season of "The Wire". :manny:

Fred.

South Paw

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CML

And the serial killer storyline I will give you was weak, but still overall when you compare the 2, THE WIRE is the superior show. It's overall story arc, no matter how weak season 5 may have been is made up for with the superior individual seasons it has with SEASON 3 & 4. Season 4 may be the GOAT season in TV history. BB has no season touching season 4 of THE WIRE. When you add up all seasons against each other THE WIRE wins, as it's best seasons out rank BB's.

:pacspit:

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Season 5 ain't been on par according to who? It got rave reviews from fans and critics.

I would put season 4 of "Breaking Bad" up against any season of "The Wire". :manny:

Fred.

I respect your opinion because you have the courage to say that and stick with your convictions. But season 4 of BB better then SEASON 3 or 4 of the WIRE? :what::what::what:

And nikkas right, people sleep on Season 2 of The WIRE. The Greeks were gully. And Frank SABOTKA was a fukking G.

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
The offer to permanently be on top >>>>> knocking off a competitor for temporary dominance

Y'all really are shortsighted :comeon:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I'm still on this episode but lemme get my thoughts out before I catch up.

THIS EPISODE RIGHT HERE IS WHERE I FEEL LIKE THE SHOW JUMPED THE SHARK!!

-To address JMurder... These are fukking criminals, why wouldn't they kill Walt? Because they're logical and see the big picture?? :laff: Criminals kill other criminals for lil shyt all the time. Plus they can't be Walt's bytch. I'm not buying it.

-Why didnt the lawyer close the door after he went into the safety deposit room? He did the first time.

-Why didn't Mike check the bag??? You can't portray a character as savvy and street smart as him this whole time for him NOT to check the bag before driving off. That's poor writing. No other way to slice it. Now he's dead. I hate dumb shyt like that.

I'm not caught up yet so I won't be checking back until I finish the last episode and read these last 200+ replies. GOT DAMN THIS THREAD IS LONG AS fukk! :smh:

Shugg84

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Baton Rouge, Boosieana
This is how its gonna go down..
Hank finds out ole boy is heisenberg.
Hank gets alot of evidence and takes heisenberg to trial
heisenberg informs saul that he paid for hanks medical bills
charges dropped
meanwhile, the russians and big time drug dealers dont like how heisenberg is bringin attention to them, so bye bye to walts family
Thats why you saw walt buying that M-60 in episode 1...he gotta go to war with them russians.

Gus Money

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I just watched the episode where Mike dies. Why were people saying Mike killed himself in this thread?

Daps
WSTvu.jpg

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

DANG! lol

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
I think it's a fair discussion. Do you believe BB is better then THE WIRE?
Yes i do but not by much and from your earlier post who on the bb is touching Marlo or the Barksdale crew? In what? Money or power because Gus and Walt are so far past those guys it is not even funny.

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
This is how its gonna go down..
Hank finds out ole boy is heisenberg.
Hank gets alot of evidence and takes heisenberg to trial
heisenberg informs saul that he paid for hanks medical bills
charges dropped
meanwhile, the russians and big time drug dealers dont like how heisenberg is bringin attention to them, so bye bye to walts family
Thats why you saw walt buying that M-60 in episode 1...he gotta go to war with them russians.
I can see why you are so red, what Russians are you talking about?? How would he bring attention to them the other dealers? They don't know his face and his doesn't know them either, the bosses all have buffers, Tod could cook and Walt could explain he is dying of cancer and is not healthy enough to cook anymore, Gus knew he had cancer so the other Bosses could get that, Tod cooking and running the network with his uncle works, the problem will be Tod is crazy and will do something to make the empire crumble, Hank is smart but Walt toyed with him the whole season, rubbed his face in his failures.