Essential BRAD PIFF'S SNEAKER THREAD

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Nike did this to themselves in this economy no one is paying 115 for some all white AF1 or 200+ for retro Nikes/jordan even panda dunks are 115 now :dahell: Tbh if they drop retro Jordans/nike back to 160 to 180 and dunks and AF1 to 80 most would sell out :yeshrug: That's why new balance 9060 are taking over they only 150, comfortable and the quality is great
Not even just that, they should have never tried going the direct consumer route and cutting out the middleman as other competitors took up that empty and market share.

They need some new innovation instead of the same old Jordans, Dunks and AF1's just in different colorways.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm

All that trash Nike has been putting out caught up with them. Seems like that's why they're actually giving people what they want next year. Hopefully, that translates to the Kobe line as well (and they make enough for people to actually buy them).

How much of that is actual demand though and how much of it is a product of the resell game? Make too many of those colorways and they'll be sitting on the shelves just like everything else.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
How much of that is actual demand though and how much of it is a product of the resell game? Make too many of those colorways and they'll be sitting on the shelves just like everything else.
The Venice 8 and Italian Camo 6 were the first OG Kobes they've made since his death. Both are still above retail (Camo is more than double resale in my size 13). They've barely tried with his line. Been a bunch of made up colorways nobody asked for and people are still buying because quantities have been limited and people are desperate for anything Kobe. He has classics and Nike isn't making them.

It isn't just Kobe and Jordans getting bogged down with colorways nobody is asking for. Their current flagship athlete (LeBron) had all his current sneakers (21) marked half off and many are still sitting. They learned nothing from the success of the 20 and put out a bunch of bullshyt with a handful of nice colorways.

Devin Booker's shoe has been pretty popular and it's affordable yet they barely made any.

^^^These probably won't even release. This is common sense shyt they aren't even capable of doing.

DJ Paul's Arm

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Cali

All that trash Nike has been putting out caught up with them. Seems like that's why they're actually giving people what they want next year. Hopefully, that translates to the Kobe line as well (and they make enough for people to actually buy them).

Times are tough. Folks ain’t trying to drop $200+ for some shoes.

I went to Shoe Palace and saw all those Jordan’s that sold out online just sittin.

Something tells me it’s those lazy fat fukks who don’t want to make the drive but will drive to the drive thru.

Theo Penn

on that Earl Stevens wine
Daps
Not even just that, they should have never tried going the direct consumer route and cutting out the middleman as other competitors took up that empty and market share.

They need some new innovation instead of the same old Jordans, Dunks and AF1's just in different colorways.

This. All they do is re-release retros over and over again. Nothing fresh and new. This is not sustainable. They will continue to lose money until they correct course

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
Nike did this to themselves in this economy no one is paying 115 for some all white AF1 or 200+ for retro Nikes/jordan even panda dunks are 115 now :dahell: Tbh if they drop retro Jordans/nike back to 160 to 180 and dunks and AF1 to 80 most would sell out :yeshrug: That's why new balance 9060 are taking over they only 150, comfortable and the quality is great
Stimulus check/PPP loan/EDD era had them feeling themselves way too much.

full
That era was crazy.

ABlackMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Hood America
Times are tough. Folks ain’t trying to drop $200+ for some shoes.

I went to Shoe Palace and saw all those Jordan’s that sold out online just sittin.

Something tells me it’s those lazy fat fukks who don’t want to make the drive but will drive to the drive thru.
Well you don’t exit the car on a drive through restaurant buddy.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Stimulus check/PPP loan/EDD era had them feeling themselves way too much.

full
That era was crazy.

you were copping pandas trying to flip them. now it's Nike's fault y'all was some hypebeasts over a generic dunk?

who's the them in this situation? the resellers, the buyers or nike cuz it really don't make sense to put this shyt on Nike. They didn't create that bubble. Stimulus money and hype did. dudes went from paying double for shoes on average to complaining about retail. what's changed? their pocket change.

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
you were copping pandas trying to flip them. now it's Nike's fault y'all was some hypebeasts over a generic dunk?

who's the them in this situation? the resellers, the buyers or nike cuz it really don't make sense to put this shyt on Nike. They didn't create that bubble. Stimulus money and hype did. dudes went from paying double for shoes on average to complaining about retail. what's changed? their pocket change.
Yeah, cause that's my post. Nike got greedy and raised prices thinking stimulus era was Now everything is sitting and going on sale.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Yeah, cause that's my post. Nike got greedy and raised prices thinking stimulus era was Now everything is sitting and going on sale.
they got bad timing but raising prices was a logical conclusion after watching people happily pay resale all the time. too bad for them the economy tanked and resale bubble burst. as a customer it's a double win. :win:

we get sales and availability plus resellers the fukk outta here. it's a correction arc... corporations have ridiculous goals of unsustainable constant growth so let the company go through it. for all it's loses it is still the market leader, i'm not concerned about nike's business unless it affects me negatively as a customer. only weirdos don't want shyt cuz it's sitting or bricking. why should that matter to you, that only shows that the resell market has imploded. I seen a fool cuss up a storm about not getting the early release of the Military 4 then not want them after they flooded the market with re-releases. a snapshot of your average hypebeast :skip:

Last edited:

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
they got bad timing but raising prices was a logical conclusion after watching people happily pay resale all the time. too bad for them the economy tanked and resale bubble burst. as a customer it's a double win. :win:

we get sales and availability plus resellers the fukk outta here. it's a correction arc... corporations have ridiculous goals of unsustainable constant growth so let the company go through it's correction. for all it's loses it is still the market leader, i'm not concerned about nike's business unless it affects me negatively as a customer. right now their loss is our gain.
Part of that is on them though and the artificial scarcity they would create with certain sneaker releases though. Not to mention the fact that they were literally letting retailers out here benefit profit wise off their sneakers by hiding raffle releases behind buying the stores product to even have a chance to buy. Hell, some of them even got caught backdooring themselves (End Clothing, ShoePalace).

I get thought process in trying to go direct to consumer, but all it did was have other companies take up that empty shelf space and doom a lot of their distributors in the process.