Essential BRAD PIFF'S SNEAKER THREAD

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Part of that is on them though and the artificial scarcity they would create with certain sneaker releases though. Not to mention the fact that they were literally letting retailers out here benefit profit wise off their sneakers by hiding raffle releases behind buying the stores product to even have a chance to buy. Hell, some of them even got caught backdooring themselves (End Clothing, ShoePalace).

I get thought process in trying to go direct to consumer, but all it did was have other companies take up that empty shelf space and doom a lot of their distributors in the process.
the artificial scarcity is what people want it's the psychology of having exclusive shyt which is why something sitting or bricking is stated with a negative connotation. people don't know what they want. the game is the game. you create scarcity to create illusion of exclusivity. when shyt is easily accessible the desire is not the same it is not a status symbol to have it. we are seeing this right now even with the yeezy releases. it's not that the shoes fell of it's the artificial scarcity of the low stock and then the bots snatching up all that shyt for people to turn to resell market that was driving up a frenzy.

there is a lot of psychology at play in marketing. hand out shyt for free without a line up and nobody wants it. create a line up and you will see people stand in line not even knowing what they are getting just because there is demand from others. This is basic and observable in so many places in life. It is the basic mentality of the hype driven sneaker consumer. they demand access but when they get too much of it their desire is lost. you can literally see people having second thoughts when they win raffles too easily on pairs and so forth.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
the artificial scarcity is what people want it's the psychology of having exclusive shyt which is why something sitting or bricking is stated with a negative connotation. people don't know what they want. the game is the game. you create scarcity to create illusion of exclusivity. when shyt is easily accessible the desire is not the same it is not a status symbol to have it. we are seeing this right now even with the yeezy releases. it's not that the shoes fell of it's the artificial scarcity of the low stock and then the bots snatching up all that shyt for people to turn to resell market that was driving up a frenzy.

there is a lot of psychology at play in marketing. hand out shyt for free without a line up and nobody wants it. create a line up and you will see people stand in line not even knowing what they are getting just because there is demand from others. This is basic and observable in so many places in life. It is the basic mentality of the hype driven sneaker consumer. they demand access but when they get too much of it their desire is lost. you can literally see people having second thoughts when they win raffles too easily on pairs and so forth.
Ehhhh there’s is a bit more straightforward than that. Adidas lied about stopping manufacturing of Yeezy’s after the situation years ago and created too many that they now can’t get rid of. Even before the resale game wanned, Yeezy’s were starting to lose its luster.

Even now, it’s not the 350’s that are struggling to move, but the other creations that shouldn’t have been greenlit nor did people want in the first place.

It could have been avoided had they just stopped producing them when they said they would but got greedy after being so dependent on him.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Ehhhh there’s is a bit more straightforward than that. Adidas lied about stopping manufacturing of Yeezy’s after the situation years ago and created too many that they now can’t get rid of. Even before the resale game wanned, Yeezy’s were starting to lose its luster.

Even now, it’s not the 350’s that are struggling to move, but the other creations that shouldn’t have been greenlit nor did people want in the first place.

It could have been avoided had they just stopped producing them when they said they would but got greedy after being so dependent on him.
so your saying scarcity drives value tho... i'm just saying :russ:

sneaker bros be like "blah blah fukk company why can't they just kill the bots so i can have a pair..... then, damn there's too many now i don't want it anymore :scust:"

Look at the short lived hype of the NB 550's or the Samba. Marketing psychology 101. These companies tried to give the people what they said they wanted but there's a delicate balance.

Last edited:

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
so your saying scarcity drives value tho... i'm just saying :russ:

sneaker bros be like "blah blah fukk company why can't they just kill the bots so i can have a pair..... then, damn there's too many now i don't want it anymore :scust:"

Look at the short lived hype of the NB 550's or the Samba. Marketing psychology 101. These companies tried to give the people what they said they wanted but there's a delicate balance.
Depending on the sneaker and the demand behind, yes it does and we see that on more than one occasion.

If we're keeping it 100% honest, a lot those people that complained about SNKRS and bots over the years were more bytching about the fact that they couldn't get something that had high resale value and that they could make money off of. So I wouldn't use the crux of the argument in the discussion.

A lot of those colorways people never wanted in the first place and it's evidenced by how they're sitting now.

It's why I've always said that the resell game is good for Nike and all these companies out here as it would move sneakers that would be sitting otherwise.

Last edited:

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
did anyone hit on the nb/caction bronson rosewaters yesterday? what a shytshow lmao, i was like 35th in line and they were all oos :pachaha:
I don't know anyone whose manually hit on a NB website especially in the ecase of the Action Bronson's.

That's why they had to switch to the EQL the previous go around with the Azure's.

Dad

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Did anyone order the Salehe Bembury x Pollex Juniper ‘Guava‘ ?

Reddit saying the ones reselling are fakes?

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
Copped the Union Field Generals and YZY Quantums (It’s okay Kanye doesn’t get paid)

EFIT: Seriously fukk this site trying to upload images.

AURORA_FQ9003-001_PHCFH001-2000.jpg

adidas-Yeezy-QNTM-Amber-Tint-Product.jpg