Essential BRAD PIFF'S SNEAKER THREAD

diggy

Florida Man
Supporter
Daps
Every Black Friday release has been mass produced. 2011 I walked into my local spot at noon and walked out with a pair of black cement 3s

Last year the aquas 8 sat. These will dry up before the weekend is over. I welcome the Black Friday releases def not stressful.
I love blike cement 3s so much, I may pay a premium for them unless they release them early 2017. Probably my fave shoe of all time. Never had a pair and at age 38 I must.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I don't mind the typical general release, and this was to be expected. It's a Black Friday release..

But admittedly I hate releases like this which are mass produced. It waters down the market to me, and I feel like Nike shoots themselves in the foot when they do it.

But don't get me wrong, I'm speaking as someone who collects. Mass production on select shoes Is good for the game because everyone who really likes and appreciates the shoe has a fair shot at getting a pair, and it also weeds out the dikkheads who buy up 10+ pair trying to profit, and don't even give a fukk about the sneaker game or the shoe itself...

But to me at least, mass production / oversaturation devalues the product and makes it a little less special. It's a gift and a curse..

Again, I'm speaking as a collector. It's like basketball cards as a youngin...there's a certain wow factor when you have an MJ rookie card.. loses a bit of the wow factor when they start willingly handing out the card to anyone willing to pay 10 bucks for it. Buuuuut all this is besides the point, glad the people who wanted the kicks hit on em.

See ya'll when the NMD's drop :skip:

Corny.

Daps
Reppin
Capsule Corp
I feel like Nike shoots themselves in the foot when they do it.
they shoot themselves in the foot by maximizing their profits via making more shoes available for more people to purchase instead of enabling some fukkboys to buy the limited quantities for the sole purpose of reselling it on some 3rd party website for 5 times the retail price that nike gets no money off of?:skip:

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I like the shoe, but I don't think it's worth the hype. I have the gamma 11s, so I'm good on any 11 that are mostly black. If the concords came back out tho, I'm on them.
same. i got the 72-10s so only 11 id come out the woodwork for are concords. Space Jams are ugly to me...not sure why but they look weird.

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
they shoot themselves in the foot by maximizing their profits via making more shoes available for more people to purchase instead of enabling some fukkboys to buy the limited quantities for the sole purpose of reselling it on some 3rd party website for 5 times the retail price that nike gets no money off of?:skip:

They still hurt there brand. Of course they're profiting

Either way Adidas is shytting on Nike right now in every single way possible. Nike is losing it's cool factor on the daily

Tic Tac T O

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TORONTO!
I'm really happy I was able to hit the local spot and grab a pair of true blue 3's. The leather isn't the best but the shoe is one of the best styles jordan offers imo
Yeah that's why I had to get them. leather quality or comfort isn't top priority to me cuz all Nike/Jordan shoes feel like bricks to me. I just like the look and I can manage wearing them every now and then
same. i got the 72-10s so only 11 id come out the woodwork for are concords. Space Jams are ugly to me...not sure why but they look weird.
everything you just said

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
You was probably young(which its nothing wrong with) when they came out and don't remember they looked similar to that when they came out originally.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
You was probably young(which its nothing wrong with) when they came out and don't remember they looked similar to that when they came out originally.
i was young and i'm sure they did...i prolly woulda thought they were ugly back then too. My homies are gonna be going for them but I'm passing. Only Js i want now are the white cement 3s, taxi 12s and concord 11s (for the most part). Bred 4s and Cigar 6s could be added to that list too. If the True Blue 3s are available later i might cop