#BOYCOTTNFL Opening Night game has lowest rating since 2009

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
giants and cowboys ratings gonna be high
it was the hurricane plus a lot of people despise the patriots cause they're known cheaters

you could be right :manny: Those NFC East SNF matchups are a staple

Pretty much. The product is becoming more stale each passing year. They need a fresh start in leadership.

Yeah a lot of shyt is hitting the NFL at once right now. Concussions, players retiring early, product becoming terrible, and now they done pissed off everybody by misplaying every issue that comes their way (boycotts, Kaepernick, Zeke suspension, etc). At least they didn't comply with the Vegas Police Unions request to investigate Michael Bennet:gucci:

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Super Bowl champs wouldn't draw big ratings? :what:
Chiefs ain't main event material breh

Patriots-Cowboys
Patriots-Falcons
Patriots-Packers
Patriots-Seahawks
Patriots-Bucs
Patriots-Panthers

All would've been way more marquee

ndthentherewasx

El Capitan
Daps
Reppin
Tejas, Texas Sur

El Coupeacabra

Diamond Teeth Samurai
Daps
Reppin
214/254/512/210/281
Okay, tell me specifically what about the following is dumb.

1) NFL players get 55% of TV revenue and 48 percent of all revenue.

Why NBA players make more money than NFL stars

2) The NFL is about 70% black.

The NFL’s racial divide

3) There are at least 53 x 32 = 1696 players in the NFL.

4) That means there are approximately 1696 x .7 = 1187 black players in the NFL.

5) NFL tv revenue is based on ratings.

6) Ratings go down when we join with racist to boycott the NFL. (They will get all the credit but we can wait and see on this one. The NFL will also crackdown on the protest.)

7) 1187 black players/families get less money.

Seems simple to me.
Please make this it's own thread.

Because everybody in here is going to ignore it.

If you don't (and are cool with me doing it) I'll quote it and credit you.

Slystallion

Live to Strive
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
It's funny cuz you got people boycotting because of the anthem protest

And people boycotting cuz of kap not being signed

So it's a double whammy for NFL

Reality is the anthem protest is having a bigger effect

I also want to see people exposed here who said they would boycott and are commenting on game threads

Should be a thread for that

#AAGang; formerly Selah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Syracuse
Arent NBA ratings in decline too? I thought streaming played a big role in this

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
The ratings are going to be on the decline all year..

But the boycott for Kaep won't receive any of the credit. The league and media will point to the loss of viewers for the exact opposite. They will say people aren't watching because so many players are kneeling. (White opinion is the only opinion)

The truth is the league will start hemoraging viewers from BOTH sides of the political aisle. They are in a bad position because no matter what they say or so they will alienate a part of the viewing audience. Not that I feel bad for them. But they are screwed (relatively speaking of course)
When do you see this happening time frame wise? Do you think this will lead to advertisers pulling AD's or Sponsors not sponsoring? No troll, legit questions.

Crude Abolitionist

End Slavery
Supporter
Daps
it's funny because while there are people boycotting because of kaepernick's blackballing, there are still MAGA'ers boycotting because of "thugs disrespecting our flag", so the NFL is getting it from both sides. :mjlol:

Yep.

I want the NFL dead.

mr. smoke weed

Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
There are so many false equivalncies with this argument. Hopefully the boycott gets NFL players guaranteed contracts.

Lifer11

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
act like Chiefs vs Pats is gonna draw big time ratings brehs... :mjlol:

Since when would Chiefs Pats not draw big ratings? Both have huge passionate fan bases nationwide. Kansas City may not be a big city, but the Chiefs are a historic (damn near legendary) franchise with fans all over the country.

mr. smoke weed

Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
It's funny cuz you got people boycotting because of the anthem protest

And people boycotting cuz of kap not being signed

So it's a double whammy for NFL

Reality is the anthem protest is having a bigger effect

I also want to see people exposed here who said they would boycott and are commenting on game threads

Should be a thread for that
Nobody's turning off NFL games because some dudes are sitting down. That's a manufactured story. If they are it's not to the tune of 12% the most logical reason for this is people cutting the cord, and streaming. As it's affected damn near every other sport/show.

Lifer11

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
my god are u fukking retarded? no one wants to watch pats vs chiefs...how stupid are u? u just keep showing u know jack shyt about the NFL. :snoop:

You don't seem to get it. It was the first game of the season going up against NOTHING ELSE, with the GOAT QB on one of the GOAT franchises, against a very good and popular Chiefs team. If you're trying to clown the Chiefs you don't seem to be much of an NFL fan or have much NFL knowledge. Multiple outlets have them ranked as a top 10 most popular team in the league nationwide. The first game of the season on national TV with the best team and QB in the league drawing low ratings is very significant, especially following the season long ratings drop last season.