Bouncing idea's šŸ€: 2024 NBA Off-Season: Key Decisions and Developments

KnickstapeCity

:mjpls:
Daps
Reppin
New York

No way they would have started FA without a coach. Donā€™t hate it. Shouldnā€™t have been fired by Cavs.

giphy.gif

:mjlol: Is Irv Gotti with a beard the new Doc Rivers?

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
the main issue is years - on both parties here

players taking up a certain percentage of the cap to maintain the floor? cool.

if you're the bulls, why commit 5 years to that block of spending for a guy who's made essentially no progress. teams sign bloated 1+1 deals all the time to maintain the salary floor. typically for established guys on top of that.

if you're the player, 5 years basically says you're comfortable and you've no plans of ever betting on yourself. dude was a top 5 pick and he's running from his own money.
The years benefit the Bulls. The Bulls have what will be a below market contract when the new CBA hits - so if he breaks out - great- we got him on a Scottie Pippen deal. And if he doesnā€™t - great we got him on a Scottie Pippen deal. The betting on yourself part is more on him and I donā€™t necessarily disagree but many guys have done just that and found out the league doesnā€™t value them like that. Both sides chose security.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
He helped get them out of the lottery into the playoffs, but was hindered by injuries and his shytty rotations on top of the lack of priority in helping some of their young players develop.

That's your answer.

JB did a great job for the cavs in his time there and then they decided they wanted a different direction, regardless of whatever success or momentum he created. that's really not 'part of the problem' but aite lol

maybe there's narrative going on that i missed, but i really can't get the need to creatively slander black coaches for not winning the right way :hubie:
The years benefit the Bulls. The Bulls have what will be a below market contract when the new CBA hits - so if he breaks out - great- we got him on a Scottie Pippen deal. And if he doesnā€™t - great we got him on a Scottie Pippen deal. The betting on yourself part is more on him and I donā€™t necessarily disagree but many guys have done just that and found out the league doesnā€™t value them like that. Both sides chose security.
the years do not benefit the bulls because they've invested long-term equity in a guy who's literally stagnated since his first offseason. he has no incentive to play for his next contract, no urgency to protect his position, and the bulls have no way to convince anyone else to take on long-term contracts except through attaching picks that they never stockpiled - hampering their own trade flexibility going forward

"if he breaks out" can't be the only convenient math man

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
JB did a great job for the cavs in his time there and then they decided they wanted a different direction, regardless of whatever success or momentum he created. that's really not 'part of the problem' but aite lol

maybe there's narrative going on that i missed, but i really can't get the need to creatively slander black coaches for not winning the right way :hubie:
We call out coaches all the time on this site for shytty rotations even in spite of winning, so calling JB out for it as well is no different.

Multiple things can be true at the same time.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
We call out coaches all the time on this site for shytty rotations even in spite of winning, so calling JB out for it as well is no different.

Multiple things can be true at the same time.
i aint we :dead: but 'part of the problem' of an overachieving team that he took out of the sub-20 win basement makes no sense at all

but clearly this is one of those coli exclusive narratives that'll only make sense if i squint enough so whatever lol

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
i aint we :dead: but 'part of the problem' of an overachieving team that he took out of the sub-20 win basement makes no sense at all

but clearly this is one of those coli exclusive narratives that'll only make sense if i squint enough so whatever lol
Because multiple things can be true at the same time :mjlol:

Coli posters stay thinking that there's only one correct answer and that multiple things can't be true at the same time

Organic Trees

Go Cavs! #LetEmKnow
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland born & raised

the years do not benefit the bulls because they've invested long-term equity in a guy who's literally stagnated since his first offseason. he has no incentive to play for his next contract, no urgency to protect his position, and the bulls have no way to convince anyone else to take on long-term contracts except through attaching picks that they never stockpiled - hampering their own trade flexibility going forward

"if he breaks out" can't be the only convenient math man
So how long you been following the Cavs?