Bouncing idea's 🏀: 2024 NBA Off-Season: Key Decisions and Developments

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's trash and I think 98% of the stakeholders involved had no idea of the ramifications for these restrictions

Hate will make logic go out the window, this Tatum fault for giving the Warriors that win in 22 :damn:

if phoenix was running the table and not looking like hot garbage the narrative would be entirely different :mjlol:

It ain’t even about Phoenix to me, 6 years is a long time. How many players in the league are even still on the same team as they were 6 years ago :skip:

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
Are you comfortable with GS giving Kuminga the same contract? Because their numbers are very similar.
HELL NO

Kuminga isn't NEARLY the ballhandler, playmaker, or defender franz is.

most of Kuminga's buckets are assisted. He creates nothing for anyone and needs someone to create for him. When Steph and Klay weren't on the court with him, his TS% was 52%.

Kuminga is fool's gold right now. Puts up decent numbers, but his impact metrics aren't great. Franz, on the other hand, was at the top of most of ORL's impact metrics.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Can any aspect of the CBA (outside of the CBA) be changed or is it set in stone as some of those stipulations sound like they're going to have to be revised as time goes on.

It just seems like the players caved in and were caught off guard once they found out that the owners weren't going to extend the negotiation period.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Can any aspect of the CBA (outside of the CBA) be changed or is it set in stone as some of those stipulations sound like they're going to have to be revised as time goes on.

It just seems like the players caved in and were caught off guard once they found out that the owners weren't going to extend the negotiation period.
From what Simmons said on his pod, it's set in stone. There was nothing in there to opt out of.

I guess it's possible both sides could agree to changes but I don't know how that would work.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Hate will make logic go out the window, this Tatum fault for giving the Warriors that win in 22 :damn:

It ain’t even about Phoenix to me, 6 years is a long time. How many players in the league are even still on the same team as they were 6 years ago :skip:
plenty of time and notice to get under that hell apron if they even want to.

james jones was building a solid team in phoenix til that dikkhead showed up and demanded they wager everything on bradley beal as the key. and unlike in the past where GMs were trading picks that they don't have - they'll be liable for the ones down the road that they can't even trade yet too
*Explain the current NBA CBA to me like a 5 year old*
teams are being protected from themselves for the first time in forever and for some reason thats a bad thing because super team dreams can't instantly materialize the first week of free agency anymore

meanwhile mid-tier players are getting paid just fine, and early, if they don't try to finesse the market

cj mccollum hit my dog and drove off

etc

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
HELL NO

Kuminga isn't NEARLY the ballhandler, playmaker, or defender franz is.

most of Kuminga's buckets are assisted. He creates nothing for anyone and needs someone to create for him. When Steph and Klay weren't on the court with him, his TS% was 52%.

Kuminga is fool's gold right now. Puts up decent numbers, but his impact metrics aren't great. Franz, on the other hand, was at the top of most of ORL's impact metrics.
Wagner's advanced metrics were just slightly better than Kuminga's last season. I'm not saying you're wrong but there's a case to be made for Kuminga next summer. He's gonna be the clear #2 option on that team as it stands and will finally get consistent minutes to start a season.

I want someone to trade for Moody and give him a chance. I still think that kid is really good.

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
Wagner's advanced metrics were just slightly better than Kuminga's last season. I'm not saying you're wrong but there's a case to be made for Kuminga next summer. He's gonna be the clear #2 option on that team as it stands and will finally get consistent minutes to start a season.

I want someone to trade for Moody and give him a chance. I still think that kid is really good.
that's the problem tho. he'll be the clear number 2. That's not contention. Warriors have been wasting steph on uncertain "mystery box" dudes for years now.

Giving the number 2 role to someone who can't dribble, shoot, pass, self-create is a bad idea, assuming they're actually TRYING to compete with steph

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
that's the problem tho. he'll be the clear number 2. That's not contention. Warriors have been wasting steph on uncertain "mystery box" dudes for years now.

Giving the number 2 role to someone who can't dribble, shoot, pass, self-create is a bad idea, assuming they're actually TRYING to compete with steph
I wish they woulda tried trading for Zion when his value was in the gutter last summer. :francis: