Boston is 26% Black (Unofficial Boston Thread LFGI)

Mike_Pipeson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
HTX
Idk how true that is Boston demographics of black people is the same as NYC except Boston has Cape Verdeans and nyc has a ton of indo-Guyanese.

But Boston is filled with black caribbeans and Africans who claim black
Not saying they don't but I haven't seen enough black folks to substantiate the # of 26%. I'd say it's closer to like 15% at best

The Gentleman

Always a Gentleman!
Daps
Reppin
Being a Gentleman
How you going to talk about Boston rap without mentioning Guru?

:mjtf:

Let’s be honest about gang Starr they really didn’t have a big following outside the Northeast. And even then it was DJ Premier production that carried them.

Ed OG has some jawns back in the day though.

Last edited:

The Gentleman

Always a Gentleman!
Daps
Reppin
Being a Gentleman
What’s the Boston Hip Hop scene like?

Gotta be the most untapped major city on the East Coast in regards to Rap music, even DC and Baltimore have been making noise for quite some time and both cities didn’t used to fukk with Rap like that once upon a time, most especially DC.

What are some veteran rappers (other than Guru and he was basically an honorary New Yorker), classic songs, rising artists, underground artists, and current hot songs that BOS got on deck?

Who gives a shiit!

The Gentleman

Always a Gentleman!
Daps
Reppin
Being a Gentleman
Y’all need to get the “foreigner” mindset out of ya heads.

lots of these “cultured” people are American or Americanized.

My ex girlfriend had one of her homegirls from Oakland come through and stay in NYC for a while in mainly Brooklyn and Queens and she was ADOS and got along fine with everyone.

ADOS people know about reggae so not even a reggae club would be something “drastically” different.

Most Black people with roots in America are not hard-core reggae heads.

The Gentleman

Always a Gentleman!
Daps
Reppin
Being a Gentleman
Massachusetts has a lot more black people than 22%, so you can imagine that Boston's black population is more visible than that number would suggest. However, most of them are confined to Roxbury and Dorchester. There are actually a lot of black people in this state. You really can't go anywhere without running into a breh or brehette. Though, many of them aren't ADOS. :mjpls:

Over 22%? what the fukk are you smoking? Try 9%.

FrontoBama

U Can’t Reach The Sun
Daps
Reppin
Knicks & Dimes
There’s a calculated push on Coli to downplay or downright erase Black history north of the mason dixon, noticed that in particular with Boston and New York, very disheartening and disrespectful but I understand, they did the same thing to Blacks after the civil war all political science.

Boston has had Blacks since before most of you nikkas joined the union , today concentrated throughout Mattapan, Dorchester and Roxbury..A VERY large area where almost everyone u see will be Black (dorchester Exception).
How you going to talk about Boston rap without mentioning Guru?

:mjtf:
That bedside letter :hubie:

The Gentleman

Always a Gentleman!
Daps
Reppin
Being a Gentleman
Again wrong on EVERY LEVEL

Boston does have prominent ADOS history, I think @Mega can speak on it and ties in with Detroit to somewhere around the 70s, and most people fled here after the civil war just due to the number of universities alone. EVEN MLK and X spent time here and went to school

You're acting like all these ethnic groups are the same that alone shows your own ignorance. are all black people a monolith?

You are only outcast because you choose to be, Again are all black people a monolith :unimpressed:

fukk outta here.

The Gentleman

Always a Gentleman!
Daps
Reppin
Being a Gentleman
FACTS Nicole really trying it in this thread

if you in Philly don't bother, my boy moved backed down there

lol aint that much black folks in somervill3 or Chelsea should have gone to Brockton, lynn, Mattapan, and roxbury

- Never said boston was a mecca like atl or nyc or Houston. I said we had a sizeable black population
-We also had major Afro-American contribution in terms of music but yall gloss over that
-I get your sentiment but remember no person at their core is going to ditch the culture they were brought up with and that's what makes the black diversity in boston more enjoyable than other places
-I'm not even haitan im nigerian but hatians have played a BIG PART in American history but that's a topic yall don't wanna hear especially when it comes to the gulla geeche culture in NOLA and finding of Chicago and a few other places in south east

WHERE?!?!

we would lay mfers on the st, only thing cacs have on us that we don't have is law enforcement but that's every city in amerikkka

No niggga. Just no.

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
There’s a calculated push on Coli to downplay or downright erase Black history north of the mason dixon, noticed that in particular with Boston and New York, very disheartening and disrespectful but I understand, they did the same thing to Blacks after the civil war all political science.

Boston has had Blacks since before most of you nikkas joined the union , today concentrated throughout Mattapan, Dorchester and Roxbury..A VERY large area where almost everyone u see will be Black (dorchester Exception).

That bedside letter :hubie:
These fools not tryna hear, not sure why the northeast brings out the inferiority complex in these nikkas, like they some jealous bytches