Boondocks Season 4 Premieres Tomorrow - Pretty Boy Flizzy Promo Trailer

gangreen

Top Notch
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn #byrdgang
:mjlol:@ people still thinking that McGruder didn't sell out for money; he sold the rights because he wanted the money; ain't nothing else to it. He could have kept the rights and ended the show after season 3 but no. Money talks to capitalists

I heard that after season 3, there was a major disagreement between him and the network over a schedule for delivering new episodes. He wanted to work on his own schedule and still get paid but the network wanted new episodes every year.

I don't know what the original contract terms were but I was hoping during the four year hiatus that he would take the show to another network like HBO, Showtime or some shyt.

I Don't blame him if he sold the rights, especially if the price was right. :manny:

JoogJoint

In my own league.
Daps
Reppin
Outer Space
I heard that after season 3, there was a major disagreement between him and the network over a schedule for delivering new episodes. He wanted to work on his own schedule and still get paid but the network wanted new episodes every year.

I don't know what the original contract terms were but I was hoping during the four year hiatus that he would take the show to another network like HBO, Showtime or some shyt.

I Don't blame him if he sold the rights, especially if the price was right. :manny:

This is why Black People will never own our sh_t. We sell out for the right price instead of capitalize on our self-worth.

:snoop:

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This is why Black People will never own our sh_t. We sell out for the right price instead of capitalize on our self-worth.

:snoop:

i agree, but the flip side to that is we don't have black television networks like that. jews could literally bury that show forever if he wasn't willing to play ball.

Daps
i agree, but the flip side to that is we don't have black television networks like that. jews could literally bury that show forever if he wasn't willing to play ball.

this is essentially the problem. it's either you play ball, and divest the show of everything that makes it special. or you ensure that the show gets an early death by refusing to kowtow to the cacs. it's a you can't win for losing situation. if animation were as easy as going to a studio and whipping out a mixtape, we'd create our own art to consume just like we do our own music, but unforutnately that isn't so.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:huhldup:..... That shyt was a train wreck.... shyt did not feel the same... and a chris brown joke episode :comeon:... shyt was just like that Usher episode in season 2

:ufdup: Cartoon Network should have gave into Aaron McGruder's demands..... The show is dead without him.
Eh, I thought it was more like the R Kelly episode. Showing how fame makes it easy for celebs to do shyt while normal people make excuses for their fukked up behavior.

Lord Scion

Quality Games
Supporter
Daps
They're airing it out of order, the debut episode was supposed to be aired further down the season....

JoogJoint

In my own league.
Daps
Reppin
Outer Space

Excuses.

We have too many rich Black Folks in Hollywood to come together to make our own Warner Bros or Sony.

It's call pooling resources together. Black People need to stop the excuses. We sell our soul for the highest bidder. This isn't anything new. We are forever strong consumers, but poor business people.

Anywho, I can get more into it, but that would be going way off topic.

:yeshrug: