Books - what are you reading? (Official Book Thread)

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
Just finished the sequel to Viscious which is Vengeful . Book is great, I'll go a step further and say its better than the first book

Vengeful climax >>>>> Viscious climax, and for that the book is arguably better to me, hell I had more fun reading this sequel then I did reading the first one.

if this is the wrap up to the series and it ends as a duology I aint mad, this was great closing to the series.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Sequel to The First Law series.

Abercrombie_ALittleHatred-HC.jpg

I'm only 22% in and it's already piff. :blessed:

Finally got around to the First Law Trilogy. Halfway through The Blade Itself.
:wow: You in for a wild ride.

:demonic: How you feel about Glokta so far?

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
Sequel to The First Law series.

Abercrombie_ALittleHatred-HC.jpg

I'm only 22% in and it's already piff. :blessed:

:wow: You in for a wild ride.

:demonic: How you feel about Glokta so far?
Glotka's probably my favorite character so far, besides Malacus Quai da gawd:wow:Glotka stays shytting on everyone he talks to in his head:mjlol:He's a bitter, straight up ruthless dude, and the dichotomy of him being a cripple, who could fight with the best of them back in his day, makes his character even more intriguing.
I actually really like Jezal's character arc so far, even though he's clearly supposed to be unlikable.
Bayaz seems like he's all about fukkery. Dude stays trolling nikkas:russ:
It honestly took a while for me to get invested in any of the characters or the story in general. A map of the world would help me be a bit more oriented with how the characters are converging/make me feel a bit more informed on the different kingdoms and regions. Abercrombie is a good writer but not seeing GRRM when it comes to description.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Glotka's probably my favorite character so far, besides Malacus Quai da gawd:wow:Glotka stays shytting on everyone he talks to in his head:mjlol:He's a bitter, straight up ruthless dude, and the dichotomy of him being a cripple, who could fight with the best of them back in his day, makes his character even more intriguing.
I actually really like Jezal's character arc so far, even though he's clearly supposed to be unlikable.
Bayaz seems like he's all about fukkery. Dude stays trolling nikkas:russ:
It honestly took a while for me to get invested in any of the characters or the story in general. A map of the world would help me be a bit more oriented with how the characters are converging/make me feel a bit more informed on the different kingdoms and regions. Abercrombie is a good writer but not seeing GRRM when it comes to description.

:dead: I should have known you were gonna stan dude.

Yeah, Joe Abercrombie's world-building is weak but his pacing, plot twist and characters make up for it. This how his world look like though:
first-law-map-with-scale.png

You probably already know by now but North are a clan based warrior society, Viking type muhfukkas where Named Men are usually at the top of the social order there. Gurkish Empire is a mix of Middle Eastern and African cultures, and Styria is renaissance Italy.

Make sure you checkout the standalone novels when you're done. fukkery on 1000 :wow:

Last edited:

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
I'm almost finished Octavia Butler's Wild Seed...then it'll be on to Dwayne Smith's Forty Acres

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
51ziYdIh4TL._SX301_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

...Hitman Brotha entangled with rapper beefs and international FUKKERY:lupe:::whew: