Books - what are you reading? (Official Book Thread)

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
28966832.jpg

Half-way done reading it. Good book. :ehh:

OfTheCross

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
I just got through the abridged version of The Millionaire Next Door. Dope book. I'll listen to it again in passing.

currently reading:
51x-m%2B9MYPL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

A Sociologist Examines the “White Fragility” That Prevents White Americans from Confronting Racism

https://libjournal.uncg.edu/ijcp/article/viewFile/249/116

White Fragility is a state in which even a minimum amount of racial stress becomes intolerable, triggering a range of defensive moves. These moves include the outward display of emotions such as anger, fear, and guilt, and behaviors such as argumentation, silence, and leaving the stress-inducing situation.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
I've been thinking that Denna is out of the picture, either dead or permanently separated from Kvothe.

^ Best Served Cold wasn't very good imo, turned into a$$holes killing a$$holes. Now the Heroes and Red Country, that was some good stuff.

Kinda wish he'd get back to he'd get back to doing the characters that were in the first trilogy. Wanna see the head wizard get smacked down.

Maybe you'll get your wish this September with the new trilogy starting with "A Little Hatred" :blessed:

I hope Monza and Shenkt return. Iirc, they're the only ones that didn't catch massive Ls after going against Bayaz's plans

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Now on Book 3 of the Wheel of Time. The best thing about it, is that it truly is an ensemble. You go several chapters from POV not even the main character.

Just picked up Forty Acres by Dwayne Smith.

I'm aiming to read 10 more books by end of year.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
The Poppy War. Had a spark when it started but then turned garbage. Waste of my 99 cents.

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
I may finish all 20+ of these Wheel of Time books. The characters are great
Just started a couple of weeks ago, halfway through through book 5, unbelievable how good this series is. Makes aSoIaF look like a young adult comic book. I'm already depressed knowing that there are not an infinite number of books.