Books - what are you reading? (Official Book Thread)

FrostBite

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Is becoming an avid reader worth it?

Do you become a braniac or what

It's like any other form of entertainment. What I enjoy about reading is that the characters/storyline of a book are what I make them to be in my mind. Of course the author lays out the framework, but it's on me to envision it. I think that's part of the reason many people say "the book was better than the movie."

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
starting: Red Seas Under Red Skies( book 2 of the gentleman's b*stards)

Daps
Reppin
Lwo Lakeset
Just finished reading Pat Cooper's autobiography how dare you say how dare me.

Pretty funny and a good example of somebody not kissing ass to get where they were

smoove157

Never Ever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
think i told the brehs in here about The Power of the Dog and The Cartel. both by Don Winslow. Its about the Cartels, DEA, italian mob. spans 40 years in total. amazing shyt.

just read his newest book called The Force. its about dirty nyc cops. shyt is very authentic. if you are from anywhere in nyc, you'll be able to tell, but especially if you are from uptown/harlem/heights

also just read Ready Player One. some of the referees are aren't my specific cup of tea, but cool concept.

if you are into spy shyt, check out this book I Am Pilgrim. that shyt right there was incredible.

Ezra

Daps
If youre into spy shyt, read Red Sparrow by Jason Matthews. Best spy novels Ive read. They're making them into movies too.

Matthews is a former CIA operative. Great shyt.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
I recently picked up

Ready Player One
The Outsiders
Another Country - Baldwin
The Ballad of Beta-2 by Samuel B Delany. It's supposed to be one of the earliest afrofuturism books.

I'm gonna read Ready Player One first, then Ballad. Baldwin & Hinton I've already read numerous times. They were more for the collection.

Ezra

Daps
I recently picked up

Ready Player One
The Outsiders
Another Country - Baldwin
The Ballad of Beta-2 by Samuel B Delany. It's supposed to be one of the earliest afrofuturism books.

I'm gonna read Ready Player One first, then Ballad. Baldwin & Hinton I've already read numerous times. They were more for the collection.
If you grew up in the 80s/90s - RPO is going to be great..

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Yo this book is something
american-heiress-cover.jpg