Books - what are you reading? (Official Book Thread)

Ezra

Daps
220px-DWCity.jpg
Great book; I hope the movie does it justice.
One of my favorite books. Larson does a great job writing non-fiction, historical events in a way that feels like a novel.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Aurelius was a philosopher right? How's the book so far? I'm interested
If you like your philosophy straight to the point, without somebody talking like their trying to outsmart themselves I def recommend Meditations(Aurelius) and Letters From A Stoic(Seneca). You'll pick up usable advice the moment you start reading

The edition of Meditations in the post you quoted is the best version(Penguin)imo

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Finally found something as epic as Malazan :mjcry:

The book that was the inspiration behind Malazan :troll:

Chronicles of the Black Company :blessed:

511RvCsDsTL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Perfect combination of espionage /savagery/action of a mercenary adventure story

And all the epic fukkery and madness of a fantasy :banderas: already on the 4th book

Last edited:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
I'm reading Dune, because I've never read and a lady friend bought it for me.

But I just bought this yesterday.
9781101904220_p0_v5_s192x300.jpg
Jason Dessen, a quantum physicist, once had a brilliant research career ahead of him. But after a girlfriend’s unexpected pregnancy and the birth of a son, this future was derailed. Now Jason is a professor at a small Chicago college, content with his warm and loving family life until he’s abducted into a world in which his quantum many-worlds theory has become a fully realized technology for inter-dimensional transfer. In this world, Jason didn’t marry his girlfriend and never had a son. Jason is determined to get back to his family and his own world, but nefarious powers in the alternate reality conspire to stop him from revealing the criminal lengths they have gone to create the world-hopping technology.

I also picked up a favorite, And Then There Were None (Agatha Christie).
Imma tell you right now, the last book frank herbert wrote in the series (Chapterhouse iirc) is the LAST good book in the series :scust: his son is so pedestrian in comparison

It's like is Michael bay took over a Nolan film and replaced everything with explosions and everyone dumbing down

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just finished this:

images

Excellent book and it's the sequel to "The Power of the Dog," which was also fantastic.

Ridley Scott's supposed to be directing the film adaptation of these books and Leo might star in them.
Halfway through Power Of The Dog right now :ohlawd:

Can't put the shyt down :whew:

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Just copped a new Kindle Paperwhite brehs :mjpls:

Let's chop it up. What books are hot in these streets in 2017?

:feedme: