Books - what are you reading? (Official Book Thread)

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
Just picked up Pynchon's Gravity's Rainbow and Coates' Between The World and Me. I'm late af on the latter, had a friend tell me about it a few months back and I'm just now finally getting around to it.

Been a minute since I picked up a book in all honesty brehs, but I'm excited to have picked them up.:obama:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Just picked up Pynchon's Gravity's Rainbow and Coates' Between The World and Me. I'm late af on the latter, had a friend tell me about it a few months back and I'm just now finally getting around to it.

Been a minute since I picked up a book in all honesty brehs, but I'm excited to have picked them up.:obama:
Gravity's Rainbow is dope but definitely not an easy read :whew: gotta go back thru it to make sense of everything

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Anyone read Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy? Picked it up about a month ago and am trying to decide if it's worth moving up my reading list. My problem is I get stuck diving into and being in the middle of multiple books at the same time.

Just finished Sacred Hoops by Phil Jackson, Player Piano by Vonnegut, Walk Like a Buddha by Londro Rinzler and The Power of Habit. About to finish Welcome to the Money House (short stories) by Vonnegut and am halfway through The Vertical Farm by Dr dikkson Despommier. Think Ima get into the vertical farm idea on the ground brehs :takedat::takedat::takedat:

Finished Book 1 of The Adventures of Sabrina.
238px-Chilling_AdventuresOf_Sabrina_issue_2.jpg

Heard people say it was pretty creepy so it piqued my interest. Book is :demonic::merchant: as fukk brehs

Gonna pick back up Just After Sunset which is a collection short stories by Stephen King because fukk it, it's almost that time of year brehs :ohlawd:

Last edited:

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Just finished this:

images

Excellent book and it's the sequel to "The Power of the Dog," which was also fantastic.

Ridley Scott's supposed to be directing the film adaptation of these books and Leo might star in them.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Finished Suicide Squad novelization a couple of days ago
51gg07CVVcL.jpg

and about to start either Bloodline by Claudia Gray or Shadow of the Empire by Steve Perry
514UjJCYfmL._SY346_.jpg
511t2yWHPDL.jpg
I'm 200 pages in the Suicide Squad and that shyt got me straight:russell:

Haven't touched tt in a week

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm 200 pages in the Suicide Squad and that shyt got me straight:russell:

Haven't touched tt in a week
Yeah the book is nothing special but I read it after seeing the movie and when discussion of the movie was still going on so it kept my interest

Spaceman Piff

Superstar
Daps
ovGAGsf.jpg

just finished this.. i thought it could've been better but cool read still.. the concept is better than the execution.

Great book; I hope the movie does it justice.

i'm about halfway through and the architecture part kinda dragging.. does it get better?

i'm trying to read more about holmes and his :demonic: ways

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
ovGAGsf.jpg

just finished this.. i thought it could've been better but cool read still.. the concept is better than the execution.

i'm about halfway through and the architecture part kinda dragging.. does it get better?

i'm trying to read more about holmes and his :demonic: ways
Yeah, it gets really good. That guy was incredibly :demonic:

You get to the part about the house he built? :lupe: