Books - what are you reading? (Official Book Thread)

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just finished reading:

American_gods.jpg

It wasn't that bad honestly. I really liked the MC Shadow. He made the story work very well.
I've been thinking about making that my next read. I picked up a couple of other books recently but I have been thinking about that and The Gunslinger.

Claudex

Lord have mercy!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Motherland
I've been thinking about making that my next read. I picked up a couple of other books recently but I have been thinking about that and The Gunslinger.

The DarkTower series was very okay to me. I mean I rocked with the gunslinger, until the other two MC's join in. Of the other two I just couldn't digest how Stephen King wrote the black woman...just didn't come correct to me, so I put the series down by book 3.

American Gods was a pleasant surprise though. Which is why I'm sort of inclined to read the Norse Mythology book.

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
Just finished this the other day

131377.jpg

Goddamn Logen Nine-fingers miiiiiight be my favorite character I've read in a long long long time. Just a great trilogy.

Luckily there are other books set in the universe with some side characters from the original trilogy. The first is called Best Served Cold and it's some brutal shyt so far

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Just finished this the other day

131377.jpg

Goddamn Logen Nine-fingers miiiiiight be my favorite character I've read in a long long long time. Just a great trilogy.

Luckily there are other books set in the universe with some side characters from the original trilogy. The first is called Best Served Cold and it's some brutal shyt so far

I really liked Best Served Cold. Heroes is good shyt too.

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
I really liked Best Served Cold. Heroes is good shyt too.
Monza is one bloooood thirsty beeotch. I'm almost halfway through. I fukking love the fact that we've got so many random characters from different story arcs in the Forst Law trilogy that came together.

I miss Ferro though. That chick was a luuuuuuuunatic. Would love to see a book on her or about her backstory. Abercrombie really has crafted an awesome world. Bayaz is one of the most complex, different characters I've ever seen. It's absolutely crazy how different he is by the end of the third book as opposed to when you first meet him with Logen and Quai. Dude really does a good job at going around standard fantasy genre tropes like the wise old mage or the plucky young upstart and gives you people like Bayaz and Jezel instead

Daps
Reppin
London
If you are into mythology then I think you'll like it. Even if you are not I think the stories are entertaining enough that you will enjoy it.
You can always ride over to a Barnes and Noble and skim through it to see what you think.
Cosign. Currently reading it, and I like it.

Ezra

Daps
Most of my friends loved it. I was in the minority. Maybe my expectations were too high. If you liked Norse Mythology, you'd probably like it. It's the same kind light and and humorous tone, and the characters are based on mythological gods.

This got anything to do with the Thrawn trilogy?
Sort of. The Thrawn trilogy is no longer considered canon, so they wrote a new book that brings him back and reintroduces him. I just finished it last week and I liked it. Does him the character well.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Finally picked up Harlem Hellfighters
4 pages in and im already pissed off
White people are a SPECIAL kind of evil man!

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Reading Stephen King stuff right now

I finished Eye of the Dragon earlier and I really dug it. I'm reading the Stand now.

I'm gonna read A Gambler's Anatomy by Jonathan Lethem after this