Books - what are you reading? (Official Book Thread)

Suspicious Dingo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sydney, Austalia
As for what Im reading right now -

51r7deroPbL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

On December 3, 1976, just before the Jamaican general election and two days before Bob Marley was to play the Smile Jamaica Concert to ease political tensions in Kingston, seven gunmen stormed the singer’s house, machine guns blazing. The attack wounded Marley, his wife, and his manager, and injured several others. Little was officially released about the gunmen, but much has been whispered, gossiped and sung about in the streets of West Kingston. Rumors abound regarding the assassins’ fates, and there are suspicions that the attack was politically motivated.

A Brief History of Seven Killings delves deep into that dangerous and unstable time in Jamaica’s history and beyond. James deftly chronicles the lives of a host of unforgettable characters – gunmen, drug dealers, one-night stands, CIA agents, even ghosts – over the course of thirty years as they roam the streets of 1970s Kingston, dominate the crack houses of 1980s New York, and ultimately reemerge into the radically altered Jamaica of the 1990s. Along the way, they learn that evil does indeed cast long shadows, that justice and retribution are inextricably linked, and that no one can truly escape his fate

Just finished this, and it was excellent - although now I can't stop calling people 'p*ssyholes' :lolbron:

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
thinking about reading this.... how is it?

It's basically the premise Supernatural stole in one of the episodes where the gods of every religion meet. To keep it brief; Gods have always existed, however only through the belief and faith of people. So belief = presence. However because of that, new gods have arisen, which represent drugs, technology, celebrities, drugs, etc.

It's a great read if you like fantasy and considering Game of Thrones and Marvel movies are blowing up, my guess is that you do.

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps
It's basically the premise Supernatural stole in one of the episodes where the gods of every religion meet. To keep it brief; Gods have always existed, however only through the belief and faith of people. So belief = presence. However because of that, new gods have arisen, which represent drugs, technology, celebrities, drugs, etc.

It's a great read if you like fantasy and considering Game of Thrones and Marvel movies are blowing up, my guess is that you do.
i read it a while back. I dont read supernatural often and that book reminded me why. The ideea was great but the execution was poor. How can someone make a book about the war between the old and the new gods so boring?

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
i read it a while back. I dont read supernatural often and that book reminded me why. The ideea was great but the execution was poor. How can someone make a book about the war between the old and the new gods so boring?

Yeah I'm guessing Gaiman was going to make it a series? A lot of it felt like it should be on the CW every Friday.

Ezra

Daps
Yeah I'm guessing Gaiman was going to make it a series? A lot of it felt like it should be on the CW every Friday.
It's being made for Starz, but keeps getting pushed back. Was supposed to be aring already, but now targeted for next year.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just read Friday Night Lights

Finishing up Jurassic Park

Don't know why I waited so long to read either