Books - what are you reading? (Official Book Thread)

Daps
2rfbmfn.jpg

Saiyajin

Superstar
Daps
Couldn't stop reading The Jordan Rules by Sam Smith that shyt was addicting and interesting af. About the path to Jordan's first ring.

Also reading Noam Chomsky's understanding power that book is mindblowing. Capitalism is what governs everything brehs. Made me realize I have to work hard and accumulate wealth or I'll get left behind in this world :mjcry:

Ezra

Daps
I read this.... long ass book. It was great tho
Im about 80% through. LONG AF. Im having a love/hate relationship with this book. The story is great, but this dude just loves to hear himself talk.

It could also be shorter by 1/3rd if he didnt feel the need to add 2 pages of grandiose prose at the end of each chapter....

... and I knew right there in that instant, Id never have a bigger boner or feeling of cocksmithing as I did when she walked through that door and looked me in the eyes with her blah blah blah...

Im getting pretty annoyed by it and I think it's taking away my enjoyment of the actual plot, which is pretty good/ interesting.

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps
Im about 80% through. LONG AF. Im having a love/hate relationship with this book. The story is great, but this dude just loves to hear himself talk.

It could also be shorter by 1/3rd if he didnt feel the need to add 2 pages of grandiose prose at the end of each chapter....

... and I knew right there in that instant, Id never have a bigger boner or feeling of cocksmithing as I did when she walked through that door and looked me in the eyes with her blah blah blah...

Im getting pretty annoyed by it and I think it's taking away my enjoyment of the actual plot, which is pretty good/ interesting.
The author wrote part of it in jail from what i know. So he had time . I heard johnny deep is gonna star in the movie :deadmanny:

Saiyajin

Superstar
Daps
I'm currently reading the Mistborn series. Pretty good so far. When I first started reading it, I wondered if I would want to read the entire trilogy. It didn't exactly pull me in at first. It gets a lot better as the book gets rolling though. Definitely one to check it out if you're into the fantasy genre.

5f3d2353825cc404d7a58ef67260d73c.jpg
I never read this but I read the first book for the Stormlight trilogy by the same author

This guy is a genius when it comes to writing battle scenes, G.O.A.T battle scenes. The first chapter of the Stormlight book had me hooked the way he described the movement of the soldiers and shyt. I recommend it bro

The Phoenix

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I never read this but I read the first book for the Stormlight trilogy by the same author

This guy is a genius when it comes to writing battle scenes, G.O.A.T battle scenes. The first chapter of the Stormlight book had me hooked the way he described the movement of the soldiers and shyt. I recommend it bro
Yeah, it's on my list. His battle scenes in Mistborn are excellent. These are people who use metals in various ways and he manages to convey these powers to you without losing the reader. Excellent stuff.

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
Yeah, it's on my list. His battle scenes in Mistborn are excellent. These are people who use metals in various ways and he manages to convey these powers to you without losing the reader. Excellent stuff.
yeah, i need to reread the books, cause stuff is getting foggy ('ve read a lot of books since then) but the magic system was pretty great. them battle scenes where :huhldup: at times.