Books - what are you reading? (Official Book Thread)

FrostBite

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm looking to make a career transition into digital marketing and I read these two books recently. Some of the info in them seems pretty obvious, but I found a lot of what they talked about to be helpful.

513IVlRoI3L._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
51Cx%2Bn1siGL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

FrostBite

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A got the Lady with a Dragon Tattoo trilogy for a birthday gift recently.

Anyone read it before and is it worth it?

I liked the first two books of the series. I couldn't quite get into the third and I stopped reading it like a quarter of the way into it. Maybe it picked up later in the book and I missed out, I don't know.

Lakers Offseason

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I liked the first two books of the series. I couldn't quite get into the third and I stopped reading it like a quarter of the way into it. Maybe it picked up later in the book and I missed out, I don't know.

Same shyt I did when I read the Hunger Games books. I can't finish the 3rd. Just not feeling it.

Books

Rookie
Daps
Recently finished Dracula, good read overall but inconsistent quality. Started on The Lies of Locke Lamora, it's an interesting and fun read so far.

Ezra

Daps
Recently finished Dracula, good read overall but inconsistent quality. Started on The Lies of Locke Lamora, it's an interesting and fun read so far.
Hated Locke Lemora. Walked a way half way through. Just couldn't get into it.

For a fun, quick fantasy read - Uprooted by Naomi Novik

Read Saturn Run too. GREAT sci-fi book.

FrostBite

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Currently reading:
51dGBYhS%2BwL._SX332_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Just finished this. It was the first time I've read one of those Kindle First books that you can preview with your Amazon Prime account before the book is released. It was surprisingly really good, I would recommend checking it out. It would actually make for a good movie.

Ezra

Daps
Just finished this. It was the first time I've read one of those Kindle First books that you can preview with your Amazon Prime account before the book is released. It was surprisingly really good, I would recommend checking it out. It would actually make for a good movie.
What's the premise?

FrostBite

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What's the premise?

Taken from Amazon's description of the book:

"A decade ago, fourteen-year-old Suzanne Lombard, the daughter of Benjamin Lombard—then a senator, now a powerful vice president running for the presidency—disappeared in the most sensational missing-person case in the nation’s history. Still unsolved, the mystery remains a national obsession.

For legendary hacker and marine Gibson Vaughn, the case is personal—Suzanne Lombard had been like a sister to him. On the tenth anniversary of her disappearance, the former head of Benjamin Lombard’s security asks for Gibson’s help in a covert investigation of the case, with new evidence in hand.

Haunted by tragic memories, he jumps at the chance to uncover what happened all those years ago. Using his military and technical prowess, he soon discovers multiple conspiracies surrounding the Lombard family—and he encounters powerful, ruthless political players who will do anything to silence him and his team. With new information surfacing that could threaten Lombard’s bid for the presidency, Gibson must stay one step ahead as he navigates a dangerous web to get to the truth."

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
'White Jazz' is pretty good. I fukk with the story and Dave Klein. :ehh:

I can see why the writing style angers people though. If he actually went more 'staccato' then he might as well not have been writing at all. :francis: