Books - what are you reading? (Official Book Thread)

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
have no idea what to read now, might reread the malazan series cuz that shyt is still so damn fire :wow:

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
Struggling to finish Catch 22.
Outside of the coined term, this book is horrible in my opinion.
Everyone's mad, inconsiderate and vindictive for damn near no reason.
Best satirical novel my arse, this is media hyped drivel.
But my mild OCD won't let me put it down.

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
:mjcry: I read the original twice...

25259_large.jpg

I'm slacking on finishing Malcolm X's autobiography, though.

FrostBite

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Struggling to finish Catch 22.
Outside of the coined term, this book is horrible in my opinion.
Everyone's mad, inconsiderate and vindictive for damn near no reason.
Best satirical novel my arse, this is media hyped drivel.
But my mild OCD won't let me put it down.

Really? That's disappointing to hear. That's been on my list of books to read for quite a while. I'll probably still get around to reading it sometime.

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
images

It's about a pastor who is charged with religion( in his case Christianity) to a alien species on a far away planet, while his wife is back on Earth where everything is seemingly going straight to hell.

I'm only about 130 pages into it and it's very good.

Address_Unknown

Daps
Really? That's disappointing to hear. That's been on my list of books to read for quite a while. I'll probably still get around to reading it sometime.

Don't let me put you off it, mate. :whoa: I remember when my brother bought The Shadow of the Torturer from the Book of the New Sun series because he read the premise and saw it on a few top ten lists of Best Sci fi works and I read it before him and gave my opinion on it. Despite not liking it I HAD to finish it (Mild OCD) and the other three books in the series despite it's largely vague descriptions, odd scene transitions and Author created terminology (Dune had that shyt, and I understood damn near everything from the Sandworms, To the Navigator's Guild :youngsabo:).

Like you I've many books on my list to read and despite hearing less than favorable reviews for any of 'em, I'd still have to atleast try and read it so I can see why people disliked it in the first place based off of my own experience. I'll tell you this much, the dialogue is pretty annoying in my opinion. It's worse than the old timey English you'd see in Classic novels like Moby dikk where damn never everybody read the dictionary and blathered on end for the simplest of exchanges. Heck, you might like it or at the very least, hate it to a lesser degree than I do currently.

Address_Unknown

Daps
You should off yourself breh, absolute classic.

Off myself because I dislike the workshy freeloader protagonist, cringe at the cacophony of disillusioned to the point of comedic retardation that is damn near EVERYONE in the fukking squad and had to wonder why the author saw it fit to include an ENTIRE chapter based on that 'Major Major Major Major' character? :comeon:

The book's revered by a lot of people for reasons I can't understand but won't deny, mate, but it ain't for the faint of heart, man and you know this. :ufdup: