Books - what are you reading? (Official Book Thread)

Daps
la-summer-reading-2014-science-fiction-fantasy-002

Second book of the Brilliance series... Halfway through and it's dope so far. Wish it had a bit more action though.

Just finished this... and it was :banderas:

Not sure where i'm going next.

Maybe here tho.

17235026.jpg

Shaman

Poet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
QC
I was looking for fantasy books based on African history/mythology earlier this summer and found this. I got busy with schoolwork so I had to put it down halfway through, but I hope to finish it soon.

who_fears_death.jpg

Last edited:

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Reading this Light My Fire shyt about The Doors
Just finished the Bernie Mac joint "Maybe Youll Never Cry Again"

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
currently: Tess of the D'Ubervilles...

I've finished:

50th Law of Power
Of Mice and Men
An Inspector Calls...

im not much of a book person..

Future:

The Purple Hibiscus, The Yellow sun & Amerykana (forgot how to spell it)

joeychizzle

光復香港,時代革命
Daps
Reppin
Trying to read through the entire catalogue of Jules Verne. I'm transported away every time I open my kindle app.

After that I'm gonna read all the Sherlock Holmes novels and short stories, then re read Harry Potter, then read LOTR for the first time.

Suspicious Dingo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sydney, Austalia

In the mid-60s, Thompson spent almost two years living with the controversial Angels, cycling up & down the coast, reveling in the anarchic spirit of their clan, and, as befits their name, raising hell. His book successfully captures a singular moment in American history, when the biker lifestyle was 1st defined, & when such countercultural movements were electrifying & horrifying America. Thompson, the creator of Gonzo journalism, writes with his usual bravado, energy & brutal honesty, & with a nuanced & incisive eye; as The New Yorker pointed out, "For all its uninhibited & sardonic humor, Thompson's book is a thoughtful piece of work." As illuminating now as when originally published in '67, Hell's Angels is a gripping portrait, the best account we have of the truth behind an American legend.

Part exploration of the outlaw motorcycle subculture and part scathing indictment of mass media's tendency towards fear-mongering and sensationalism, this is an incredibly interesting and well written book. I can't recommend it highly enough.

Last edited: