Books - what are you reading? (Official Book Thread)

Black Hans

Follow Jesus. Be Beautiful
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
John 14:6
Forgotten God: Reversing Our Tragic Neglect of the Holy Spirit by Francis Chan
Win Forever by Pete Carroll
Killing Floor (First Jack Reacher book) by Lee Childs

I want to read Eleven Rings by Phil Jackson but I can't rock with dude's spirituality.

Daps
la-summer-reading-2014-science-fiction-fantasy-002

Second book of the Brilliance series... Halfway through and it's dope so far. Wish it had a bit more action though.

Spaceman Piff

Superstar
Daps
hdozqXT.jpg

b2fACjT.jpg

i liked marley and me. :manny: it's a dog looking back on his life on his last night before being put down. so it's going to end pretty much how every book with a dog ends :to: i'm not too crazy about what i've read so far.. but it's still very early. i'll give it a lil bit more before i give it the track 1 treatment.

eJDBJRu.jpg

pretty sure it's going to be the worst in the series thus far. but i've come this far.. :yeshrug:

Suspicious Dingo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sydney, Austalia
i just started reading the dark towers series. I'm halfway trough the book and it's kind of ...eh.
Everybody who read it says it gets better but idk if im gonna stick with it anymore.
Any of you guys read this?

The first book is so-so, the next three are EXCELLENT, the fifth is ok, the sixth is just awful, the seventh and last is so-so (but the ending is :gladbron:)

Anyone read the new Steven King. Is it good?

Just finished this, and it was pretty good. Well written, compelling protagonist and antagonist, satisfying conclusion (which can be hit and miss with King). It's basically King's take on the hardboiled detective novel, and while it deals in many common tropes of the genre (the grizzled former detective who is drawn out of retirement/depression to catch the one who got away, the sassy black side-kick, etc), it's an enjoyable read. Athough it solidified my belief that King should avoid writing black characters. Some of Jerome's dialog is cringe-worthy - not in a racist way, more in a trying-too-hard-to-be-hip way. Overall I'd give it 7.5/10

Last edited:

CoolazzFemale

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Small Town
The first book is so-so, the next three are EXCELLENT, the fifth is ok, the sixth is just awful, the seventh and last is so-so (but the ending is :gladbron:)

Just finished this, and it was pretty good. Well written, compelling protagonist and antagonist, satisfying conclusion (which can be hit and miss with King). It's basically King's take on the hardboiled detective novel, and while it deals in many common tropes of the genre (the grizzled former detective who is drawn out of retirement/depression to catch the one who got away, the sassy black side-kick, etc), it's an enjoyable read. Athough it solidified my belief that King should avoid writing black characters. Some of Jerome's dialog is cringe-worthy - not in a racist way, more in a trying-too-hard-to-be-hip way. Overall I'd give it 7.5/10
.:ehh: Thanks, I'll check it out

Poh SIti Dawn

Staying Positive, Getting Better Everyday. Holler!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Today I finished
Nine_Stories_(Salinger)
Nine_Stories_(Salinger)
nine stories by JD Salinger. I liked it a lot

no.

girls just wanna have funds
Daps
Reppin
BRASIL
925753.jpg

God, what an amazing book. I'm throughly enjoying it so far.