Books - what are you reading? (Official Book Thread)

Desirous

Action expresses priorities
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Me too...i'm a romantic-horror...regular horror and sci fi fan myself. HUGE Ann Rice and John Saul fan. those 2 and Brown round out my top 3 fav authors.
I don't know if I have a fave author :( I like Julian Barnes a lot and Oscar Wilde. I guess they'd be my fave, if I had to choose.

Desirous

Daps
Reppin
Toronto
i read them but obviously don't let them distort my views. he's always admitted that his work is strictly fiction and should only be taken as such... :manny:
Yep - it's entertainment. Like Coli lol there are some non-Christian-like threads on here, but it's something to do to pass time...not to change your beliefs/core morals.

Wise

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Omg Hosseini has a new book???? I am in LOVE with a thousand splendid suns. Amazon, here I come! Do you like it so far?

It's interesting you started this. I actually started a book list today that I can refer to and add to because I always forget when I say I'm gonna read something.

I didn't know he had a new one either lol

A Thousand Splendid Suns is my favourite book - the movie coming out too

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Not to derail, but do y'all have a library card? A kindle? Or you straight old school buying from a book store?

Desirous

Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Not to derail, but do y'all have a library card? A kindle? Or you straight old school buying from a book store?
I have an iPad, but I like reading actual books. I love flipping pages and the smell of books. I'm old school. I probably have my library card somewhere, but I haven't been to a library in years to be honest. I just buy whatever I want to read...I don't read in great volume anymore, so I'm not buying 40 books a year or anything like that.

Anothergirl

Goat ™
Daps
Barnes and Noble or Half Price Bookstore >>>>>>>>>>>>
:scusthov: @ reading books on a tablet. i'm old school. :mjpls:
i mostly just buy them but i have a library card too. nothing beats the library experience ...just chilling in there half a day ...browsing the aisles looking at books....reading the first few chapters of a few to see if you're interested etc. love it...

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
the_china_study.jpg