Books - what are you reading? (Official Book Thread)

Desirous

Action expresses priorities
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
history.jpg

One of my fave novels. If you guys like short stories, this one is very interesting...of course, they all come together in the end with a unifying theme. I love novels and movies that do this (Crash, Babel, etc)

observe

Banned
Daps
Reppin
The Forest Where Hope Died
I haven't. Good book? I read The God of Small Things...which also takes place in India. It's excellent!

Yeah Shantaram is an excellent book. They were trying to make a movie off it and rumors that Johnny Depp would play the lead character..it's a true story..I'll have to read that book you suggested..

Desirous

Daps
Reppin
Toronto
his books are amazing i've read them all. what i love about him is that he drops a lot of historical gems that most people wouldn't know about....but warped up in a way that's suspenseful and entertaining. :bow:
I love that. Traditionally, I love books with depressing themes...something fukked up that makes you question why the world is such a horrible place! They're just so emotionally charged and interesting to me. I've never read a sports novel, so we'll see if I like Phil's book. I'm a Lakers fanatic, so I'm sure I'll find it interesting (I hope!)

Desirous

Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Yeah Shantaram is an excellent book. They were trying to make a movie off it and rumors that Johnny Depp would play the lead character..it's a true story..I'll have to read that book you suggested..
I love Johnny!

BillCosbyAteMyHomework

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Orange and Blue
He does. A Thousand Splendid Suns was so good. I loved The Kite Runner and then Suns even MORE. This one is a compilation of short stories that connect in the end. I haven't started it yet...but need to get on it cause these books aren't going to read themselves lol

Look up Infidel! It's such an amazing novel - I recommend it to everyone I know.
I am so excited to start it now. I go through phases with reading a ton. This book is sure to throw me back in. I'll look up infidel too- thanks!

Anothergirl

Goat ™
Daps
I love that. Traditionally, I love books with depressing themes...something fukked up that makes you question why the world is such a horrible place! They're just so emotionally charged and interesting to me. I've never read a sports novel, so we'll see if I like Phil's book. I'm a Lakers fanatic, so I'm sure I'll find it interesting (I hope!)

Me too...i'm a romantic-horror...regular horror and sci fi fan myself. HUGE Ann Rice and John Saul fan. those 2 and Brown round out my top 3 fav authors.

Desirous

Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I am so excited to start it now. I go through phases with reading a ton. This book is sure to throw me back in. I'll look up infidel too- thanks!
I'm the same way. I'll read book after book, then I take a long break from reading. Yes! Look it up - I'm sure you'll love it.