Books - what are you reading? (Official Book Thread)

BillCosbyAteMyHomework

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Orange and Blue
I didn't know he had a new one either lol

A Thousand Splendid Suns is my favourite book - the movie coming out too
Movie? Have I been living under a goddamn rock or something?? :damn:

And I know it's so cliche but there's no way the movie will even come close to the book- even though I'll likely see it the day it comes out. Did you see and read the kite runner? There was absolutely no way a movie could captivate and express his guilt which was the main emotion of the story...

Anothergirl

Goat ™
Daps
I don't really like fukking with Barnes and Nobles..they're prejudice to certain authors and won't carry any of their books there even if that author is world renowned and has won hella awards in literature achievements..
like who?

BillCosbyAteMyHomework

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Orange and Blue
Not to derail, but do y'all have a library card? A kindle? Or you straight old school buying from a book store?
I go back and forth with buying actual books and the kindle app on my phone. I prefer books, but I end up lending them out and not getting them back, and I like to be able to have access wherever I am, and I always have my phone with me.

Wise

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Movie? Have I been living under a goddamn rock or something?? :damn:

And I know it's so cliche but there's no way the movie will even come close to the book- even though I'll likely see it the day it comes out. Did you see and read the kite runner? There was absolutely no way a movie could captivate and express his guilt which was the main emotion of the story...

I liked Suns slightly better than Kite Runner. I liked the movie, thought they did a better job than expected, but yeah I see where you're coming from.

I feel the kid Amir played a better job than the adult version so that can explain it

devizelle

Pro
Daps
Reppin
MOCO awl day
Not to derail, but do y'all have a library card? A kindle? Or you straight old school buying from a book store?

Kindle!! At first I felt some type of way about it (it was a gift)... but then I read this really gooood book called A Handmaid's Tale, and I had that same sensation you have when you read a book on paper--I couldn't put it down, wanted to read everywhere, etc.

I don't really like fukking with Barnes and Nobles..they're prejudice to certain authors and won't carry any of their books there even if that author is world renowned and has won hella awards in literature achievements..

Really? I'm not really surprised lol. Any specific examples?

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
oh ok

i just started reading it
but so far:

I learned that what you eat is the greatest factor to long term health

-learned that a study was done and showed that people with high protein diets were more likely to get liver cancer
- Low-protein diets inhibited the initiation of cancerous subsances in the body

-Casien(protein found in dairy products) promoted all stages of the cancer process---Milk is basically poison in the human digestive system

-People who eat the most animal-based diets have the highest rate of chronic disease

i am detoxing myself after being in Afghanistan for 2 years and limiting the amout of animal flesh i consume
- i dont do dairy products

i consume as much (RAW)vegetables and fruit as possible

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
Reading Pity the Billionaire by Thomas Frank at the moment.

Once done with that, not quite sure, I have a very long list. Thinking of doing The Reactionary Mind: Conservatism from Edmund Burke to Sarah Palin or Rich People Things