Books - what are you reading? (Official Book Thread)

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just finished up Return of the King. Beautiful ending :to:

Kinda glad I never watched the movies before reading.

Going from The Hobbit to The Silmarillion to Lord of the Rings was quite the journey. I really got the feel for the characters, the places, and the lore.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I’m gonna have to take a break from romance novels. All the plots of these involve people hiding stuff from each other and or lying to each other. Most of the characters do their best to avoid basic communication.

Daps
I will have some time off for this holiday and I have just started "Forces of Habit Drugs and the Making of the Modern World"
I wasn't sure what to expect as I had bought this one used off of a wishlist on Amazon that was added years ago. So far it is pretty interesting. It presupposed to show how man's historical reliance and addiction to drugs of all sorts has shaped how we ended up.
The 3 drugs of choice in the first part are Alcohol, Tobacco and caffeine. Really enjoying it so far.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
This book has me in a chokehold right now. New favorite author for sure. I'm about to go through her entire catalog.

Petrik Leo
Reddit Fantasy
Amazon's Algorithm
Stuff people mention like this -
61kzakMRUQL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I read a book called The Wall of Winnipeg and Me that was compared to the movie The Proposal. Not all that crazy about it. Long book the protagonist rambled constantly and the ending was meh. About to read Cassandra Clare's Sword Catcher.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I read a book called The Wall of Winnipeg and Me that was compared to the movie The Proposal. Not all that crazy about it. Long book the protagonist rambled constantly and the ending was meh. About to read Cassandra Clare's Sword Catcher.
What is it about romance and young adult do you like? I'm not coming at you just genuinely curious. I read a few YA titles when the dystopian future was trending but I did feel that a lot of them followed a formula that got a bit tiring for me